Ernesto Valverde - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Perhaps we should try a Coutinho - Arthur - Vidal midfield in a couple of games when Arthur is back.

I don't believe we can win the CL or play football with a good pace with Busquets and Rakitic in the lineup. Just way too slow.

What we'll lose in some defensive quality we'll gain in mobility and pace, and we're shipping in goals and big chances right now anyway.

Zidane82

Perhaps we should try a Coutinho - Arthur - Vidal midfield in a couple of games when Arthur is back.

I don't believe we can win the CL or play football with a good pace with Busquets and Rakitic in the lineup. Just way too slow.

What we'll lose in some defensive quality we'll gain in mobility and pace, and we're shipping in goals and big chances right now anyway.

Sounds great to me !!

xXKonan

Valverde won't ever field that Midfield unless Busi and Rakitic suffer injuries.

He's become so attached to Busi and Rakitic, especially the latter that he would rather run them to the ground and for them to suffer injuries than to bench them. Arthur is basically carrying both of them on the field in a number of aspects and the dude is 22 years old just coming straight out of Brazil.

I mean it's great Arthur hit the ground running and becoming a key player, but there's something seriously wrong with the fact that He's doing all this and shouldering a lot of the burden while both Rakitic and Busi who are suppose to be the longtime Vets are looking pathetic these days.

Vidal a guy who suffered a couple of bad Knee injuries in his career is showing more heart and work rate and energy than Busi and Rakitic, and the guy is a year older than both of them.

khaled_a_d

tbf the Busi-Raki-Arthur midfield looked great in 3 CL games against Spurs & Inter. both teams tried to press us a bit and didn't just park the bus. Same against RM
I think this midfield is more suited to CL than Liga, where teams sit back and try to punish us with the space we give.
That said, Busquets and Rakitic should rest more regardless

Pepe Silvia

I'm not sure what's wrong with the way we play, but I notice our players struggling to find form, playing time, joy. Those things are obvious to me, and are obviously associated with the coach. We need to be inspired, and it seems like EV is the most uninspiring person in the Camp Nou. Messi isn't exactly an expert motivator nor are any of the other captains. We seem to be in a dull patch all around. Hopefully, something reinvigorates this team.

Cule4life

The Culest
Valverde: “Perhaps I’ll give some rest to our players for the Cup match, but we must admit that it is an important game and we shouldn’t make mistakes. We will see.”

Guys as we can clearly see, Cultural Leonesa is the 5th best team in the Segunda B. We can't afford to take any chances :valverde:

George_Costanza

I'm not sure what's wrong with the way we play, but I notice our players struggling to find form, playing time, joy. Those things are obvious to me, and are obviously associated with the coach. We need to be inspired, and it seems like EV is the most uninspiring person in the Camp Nou. Messi isn't exactly an expert motivator nor are any of the other captains. We seem to be in a dull patch all around. Hopefully, something reinvigorates this team.

Reading this with sad music background now

giphy.gif

FinBarcelonafan

So true. I feel like they are not enjoying themselves.

MTL_Barca

So true. I feel like they are not enjoying themselves.

Even Valverde always looks like he doesn't enjoy it :lol: watching City play and comparing it to our games is so depressing. I don't think our squad is that bad, it would just need some tweaks and fresh players here and there. Most important change would be the coach.

shadows

Some times EV just cant help himself but troll it looks like... Post match comments

“This was a great chance to take a look at some of the younger players and the ones that don’t get to play as much. We want to avoid overloading people like Semedo, Busquets and Rakitic with too many games.”

Home of Barca Fans