Pedro Rodriguez

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I've said it before and I'll say it again, he reminds me very much of Ludo Giuly.

He doesn't remind me of Giuly at all. I actually think he would be better on the midfield, backup to Iniesta - but it's to late now. While Giuly's passes sucked, Pedro can both pass and cross very good. He's a much more intelligent player than Giuly that only did his runs on the flank...

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Pedro a backup for Iniesta? LOL. The guy's an out and out winger and if you can't see the parallels with Giuly I can only assume you haven't watched much of either player as they're very, very similar. Giuly's passing in his last season was poor but before that it had been very good, Pedro is certainly a better crosser of the ball but no two players are identical I'm just saying that there are blatant similarities. You fail to see them but others agree with me.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Giuly had a lot more pace, their movement on the ball was is very similar.I like Pedro as an out-and-out winger though, he has quick feet skill and pace.During the Pre season and while playing for the B's that he has sown that he has a good eye for goal.
Everything that you need to be a top class winger.

Last edited:

maz

I walk the line
I agree with ZinI. Not a lot like giuly. Giuly was a very vertical player and would constantly hug the touchline. Pedro on the other hand will play outwide but make diagonal runs towards goal.

Galning

I agree with ZinI. Not a lot like giuly. Giuly was a very vertical player and would constantly hug the touchline. Pedro on the other hand will play outwide but make diagonal runs towards goal.

I agree, he's not like Giuly.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
CA is bang on the money here people.

the only real difference is pedro is more two-footed so has that option to come inside more regularly and pass off either foot (as he did for jeffren's goal). giuly was much more effective on his right and so he didn't often cut inside with the ball, more give and go's and late runs.

[youtube]iIBQFhEpsIo[/youtube]

y'know, like that.

incidentally, that's one of the most monumentally epic goals scored in CL history. beautifully measured buildup, a power-turn and god-pass capped off by a miracle finish in a freakin' semi-final away leg!

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
What is it with poeple thinking Pedro would excell in the middle of the park? some even called him a decent back up for Xavi and then Iniesta.. ????????

If we consider our youth as back-up they will not progress.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Giuly was one dimensional. Pedro will offer way more than him, plus he has some nice dribbling tricks

Home of Barca Fans