Van Bommel

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
That makes no sense. He whines just like VB. He cheats just like VB (Vujacic is probably the biggest flopper in the game, after Varejao). He has a disgusting look just like VB. Plays the most annoying defense in the entire league. On top of that, he's a huge faggot. There is no good reason for it not to apply in basketball. He's hated by pretty much everyone.

And you're not allowed to foul in basketball... well since when are you allowed to foul in football? There's a reason it's called a foul.

I only follow the ACB and Euroleague so I have no idea who you're talking about.

S

Snyde

What's the point of furthering this discussion? As I said, since he was loved in his first year at Bayern it makes Ward's main point invalid anyway...

S

Snyde

I'm taking the piss just like you were :p

(what a weird phrase/idiom)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I think he wanted more first team football and likes to be a leader of a team like at Munich and PSV rather than a follower like at Barca. That plus the lure of Munich was too great. People forget how big a club Bayern Munich really is. It is huge and easily among the elite clubs, so to be a leader in that team must have been a great temptation which he could not resist.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
BTW Just like to add that MVB was loved by the bavarians in his first year, so much so that they voted him their best player. So that pretty much kills Wardo's theory.
His first season in munich was horrible for munich overall, and vB was one of a few with an okayish performance. And he took over the lead of a headless team after the departure of Ballack.

The following seasons, munich fans noticed his technical flaws, which made him look pretty crappy occasionally, esp. in comparison to the likes of Ribery, Ze Roberto (who both joined the team then) and even Schweinsteiger. His other prob was, that he had to play as a true DM instead of CM which is his natural position, where he would be allowed to his strengths like rushing the ball through the field and taking (long)shots. And in this position another big challenge was his either lethargic or slow teammates lacking defensive work, esp. from the megadivas Ribery and Toni. Thus he put himself into a lot of 1-1s trying the win back the ball just 10-20m ahead of the own box. And then fouls and bookings are no coincidence.

Thats why munich fans arent really fond of him. But his image by the bundesliga fans in general is even worse: due to his bookings and aggressive playing style (reasons read above) he is fairly surely the most hated player in the bundesliga among all fans.

desoe

I know that it's not the most classy post of the year.

There ain't even any quality in it.

Maybe it's not useful at all, but I wanted to say it.

I. Hate. Mark. Van. Bommel. I'm glad he's gone. I can't stand that guy.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
Mark Van Bommel was a fucking legend. He was an absolute dirty bastard, but he was the type of dirty bastard we needed. it is no coincidence that our midfield was overrun after he left. Just like Toure is needed to cover Xaviesta, Van Bommel allowed Deco and Ronaldinho to do whatever they wanted. he allowed us to have Ogg as our starting RB. This guy was an integral part of our CL run and I was very sad to see him go. I wrote on the other forum that his leaving was the coming of doom for our midfield, and it was. great DM for what we needed.

desoe

Just remembered how he KO'd Messi with his shoulder during the 4-0 game on Camp Nou.

I hate this c*nt.

maz

I walk the line
What about when he helped win us the CL? It was his allegiance to the team he plays for that made us admire him when he was here. Surely we can't hate on him when he does it for another team?

Home of Barca Fans