Tottenham Hotspur

Galning

How did Spurs choke? You could say that earlier in the season but what's the difference finishing second or third when the season is over? They just gave up after Leicester won the league. Looks nice for Arsenal and covers up their mediocre season once again but Tottenham were closer to the title than they were.

[MENTION=9569]TornAndFrayed[/MENTION] check out ArsenalfanTV on Youtube man, most of them are so happy they finished above Tottenham. Their expectations are so low nowadays.

How did Spurs choke? You could say that earlier in the season but what's the difference finishing second or third when the season is over? They just gave up after Leicester won the league. Looks nice for Arsenal and covers up their mediocre season once again but Tottenham were closer to the title than they were.

[MENTION=9569]TornAndFrayed[/MENTION] check out ArsenalfanTV on Youtube man, most of them are so happy they finished above Tottenham. Their expectations are so low nowadays.

But I don't get why arsenal fans were even brought up. Aryagorn mocked spurs in their thread, then i provided context.

Now if people think it's not hilarious that spurs have finished below Arsenal for twenty straight years, even this season where spurs fancied the title and arsenal were mocked as they always are, then OK. I just don't see why the state of arsenal's fandom should be relevant here.

btw, their reaction isn't surprising at all, is it ?
A bit like chelsea celebrating the stamford bridge draw vs tottenham like a title winning victory.

JamDav1982

Spurs never gave up after Leicester won the league.

They wanted to finish second and ahead of Arsenal.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!

They should have grabbed the opportunity, to finish above their arch rivals, with both hands! I mean if finishing above your city rivals does not motivate you there's something very wrong with your ambitions! I mean look how Chelsea celebrated wildly when they made sure their city rivals don't win the league!

I am not encouraging petty behaviour per se.... But come on now, that's basic! I mean even FC Barcelona one of the giants of football would crave for Asspanyol, a minnow, suffering every bit of failure!!

Besides, it would have been poetic justice too.... Pochettino is being hailed as Spurs's version of Wenger - a stability symbol at the club. It would have been a breath of fresh air if they had at least finished ahead of their arch rivals when they've come so close to winning the league! Now, it's like he is really just Spurs version of Wenger! Come very close but don't really achieve anything!!

Last edited:

Galning

They should have grabbed the opportunity, to finish above their arch rivals, with both hands! I mean if finishing above your city rivals does not motivate you there's something very wrong with your ambitions! I mean look how Chelsea celebrated wildly when they made sure their city rivals don't win the league!

I am not encouraging petty behaviour per se.... But come on now, that's basic! I mean even FC Barcelona one of the giants of football would crave for Asspanyol, a minnow, suffering every bit of failure!!

Besides, it would have been poetic justice too.... Pochettino is being hailed as Spurs's version of Wenger - a stability symbol at the club. It would have been a breath of fresh air if they had at least finished ahead of their arch rivals when they've come so close to winning the league! Now, it's like he is really just Spurs version of Wenger! Come very close but don't really achieve anything!!

Maybe, yes. I guess I look at it differently than most people.

Nucky

Too bad they didn't win PL this year, I'd love to see that but at least after some years they are back in Champions League..

Icarium

Lifestealer
I actually thought they will win the title and thought they have shifting from their chicken days. I feel like a fucking idiot.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
:lol:

It's always the Spurs syndrome. They choke every time shit gets real. It's constant - like gravity. + having the rest of their country hoping for a Leicester win probably didn't help. Them flopping so bad in the end that they lost to even Arsenal is what makes me feel sad for them, Arsenal fucking suck.

DrPepper

They didn't really "bottle" the title because they were never even close to winning it. Arsenal, for example, did do a bottlejob since they were leading the table for most of the first half of the season and it was supposed to be "their year" with basically every other contender shitting their pants. Chelsea with DAT worst title defence in history, Man Utd more interested in having more possession than goals and Man City not winning any matches against the top 8. :lol: But were Spurs even top of the league for more than just one odd week? Even winning all those last few matches they dropped points in wouldn't make any difference because Leicester were THAT good and simply ran away with it.

They did bottle finishing ahead of Arsenal, although finishing second or third is kinda irrelevant here and only the Arsenal internet poll invading brigade cares about that. Small team mentality tbh.

Alik

They are back in CL after many seasons out, and it's their highest finish in a while.

Saying they "bottled it" would be the same as say Leicester "bottled it" if they would have happened to finish second. Except, as DrPepper mentioned, Spurs were never at the leading the table.

Jenks

Got high hopes for Edwards. Only 17 and had the nous to only accept a new deal with Spurs if it had guarantees of playing time put into it.

[youtube]k27k7UX7LcA[/youtube]

Home of Barca Fans