Brazil

BrazilFan

FT 2-0. A pretty meh friendly which is probably to be expected before a big tournament. I hope Dunga tries Firmino, Coutinho and Neymar together next game.

Truthist

Apart from Neymar and maybe one or two others it is Dunga's version of favouritism and stubbornness. Kind of like Scolari I suppose but oh yeah they won 10 consecutive friendlis so they are back.

They will be tough to beat but it will be a hackfest in the knock out stages.

Hellsangel

Thiago Silva, Marquinhos on the bench? Casemiro also? I thought he was very impressive for Porto this year.

Dani Alves being chosen ahead of Fabinho is normal, but why don't you call him up in the first place?

Some other strange inclusions as well.. What's the Brazilian take on the line up?

BrazilFan

Thiago Silva, Marquinhos on the bench? Casemiro also? I thought he was very impressive for Porto this year.

Dani Alves being chosen ahead of Fabinho is normal, but why don't you call him up in the first place?

Some other strange inclusions as well.. What's the Brazilian take on the line up?

Thiago should be the only starter from those names. Firmino is the the other.

BrazilFan

I know Dunga hated how terrible Thiago leadership was in Brazil and the whining after he lost the captaincy but David Luiz is having some kind of PTSD with Brazil in tournaments. I don't know what he was doing there.

EdmondDantes

Looked poor last night overall I thought (Willian, Alves and of course Neymar aside).

They are missing 6 starters (or should be first 11 players at least) in Diego Alves, Danilo, Marcelo, Luiz Gustavo (Udinese's Allan should be in the squad), Coutinho and Oscar.

I'd also call up Elche's Jonathan and Luiz Adriano ahead of that dud Damiao who was in the initial 30 man list.

Robinho, who's been a disaster every time he played since Dunga's return must be there on a coaching/motivational role, football wise, he has nothing to offer.

I wonder why that Raffael lad who plays in Germany never had a chance to play for the Selecao. He could be the experienced player Dunga needs to have in the squad.

BrazilFan

Very rarely do you get on a Brazilian coach radar unless your at a big club. The exceptions would be you are making enough noise that the media start to take notice to the point the coach can't ignore you.

Truthist

How can Dunga select players from China and UAE ahead of players such as Lucas Moura, Felipe Anderson and perhaps even Rafinha.

The mind boggles at some of the absurd selections. I think Dunga wants to imitate Scolari.

Home of Barca Fans