Argentina

blaugrana1987

Don't forget, in 2006 final it was Italy vs France. Two of the oldest NT that came without being big favorites. There might be new kids in next two or three years that will be ready for 2022.

Hopefully Messi pulls Zidane in next WC, and takes care of the business because this generation HAS to win something big. They won 2 olympics in a row, they had such a good squad but Maradona effectively cost them one WC. Whoever gave coaching job to that drug addict is fucking retard.

Because when you look at them, they came so close in 2014 with a team full of injured players, and gone against one of best German side ever. And they had better chances in that game, it was just not meant to be. In 2006 they were knocked out in QF by host Germany after conceding a goal in the end of the match, when they had win in the bag. This generation just needed that last push that never happened...

Hopefully 2018 it will be better. Messi will surely be better, playing in Brazil when he was in worst form of his life was anything but ideal. High altitude, extreme temperatures and air moisture is a bad thing for players who are struggling with stamina.

barcanuck

Reaching the world cup final and losing to the strongest team in the world, and reaching to the Copa America final and losing to a strong host team, are accomplishments.

It is a disappointment when looked from the perspective of what could have been. But still, those are accomplishments that are all but recognized.

Poor poor Leo. 2 Copa Finals (2007 and 2015) and WC Final (2014) and an Olympic Gold (2008) better not be all Leo wins with the NT. Oh so close in 3 finals.

AURELIUS

And there's nothing coming through now. If Argentina don't win anything with this generation then when will they? Messi's got 2 Copa's and 1 or 2 World Cups left. Same for the rest of the squad. Iit'll be Dybala and a load of nobodies by Qatar.

Already they have no full backs and rely on reserve keepers for their clubs.

Your extensive knowledge of Argentinian football allows you to say this ? As has been mentioned numerous times the internet allows people who would normally keep silly uninformed opinions to themselves to spout them openly to the world.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Reaching the world cup final and losing to the strongest team in the world, and reaching to the Copa America final and losing to a strong host team, are accomplishments.

It is a disappointment when looked from the perspective of what could have been. But still, those are accomplishments that are all but recognized.

Losing is never an accomplishment for Argentina.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Okay. Off to kill myself... what the actual fuck is that?!?!?!?!?!? LAVEZZI, FUCKING LAVEZZI, BUT NO DYBALA?!?!? TATA YOU ARE A FUCKING USELESS MORON. A BUFFOON.

Last edited:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Dybala is selected for the Olympic tournament.

I guess I will also find Correa in that squad? My God...:facepalm:
Nobody cares about the freaking Olympics other than Brazil, mostly because they're hosting it. Argentina already won it, so they should care even less.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
They just don't want us to see Dybala and Messi play together. There is always fucking something that comes in the way and prevents it. Every time.

El Flaco

For Dybala's sake, I'm glad that he's not selected for Copa America Centenario.

No reason to let him became a benchwarmer while Tata whille choose likes of Aguero or Higuain over him anyway.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Want Messi to win but if Argentina di then Tata stays on to screw up any chance to win wc 18 with his politics. Where are rulli, musachio, correa and dybala?

Home of Barca Fans