Marco Verratti

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
As I've said before soon Verratti will be the only one doing the 'pushing', while Barca will continue chasing Limas and Paulinhos. We need to encourage him, support him every way possible and being silent about it isn't helping, Barca should openly admit that Verratti is a brilliant player, our players should give interviews about how they'd like him in their team, etc. But no, instead our actions lead to news about Paulinho being linked to us. Screw this

[youtube]WFLp5RL5Igk[/youtube]

Egert

Estonian Culé
Neymar looks like an old man wearing a wig with that hair :lol: Although that kinda suits him, hopefully he will keep it.

Jokes aside, July can't come soon enough, I want to see some realiable rumors. I am confident if both Verratti and Barca push PSG to let Verratti go then we will eventually get him.

mssarm

This guy is pushing so hard for an exit and we're after players like Paulinho and Lucas Lima. Pathetic.

There's no evidence that club is doing nothing to sign Marco. That BS with Paulinho is not even worth attention. Papers are throwing out names since the end of the season. Robert keeps his cards very close, unlike Zubi we hardly know what the club intentions are. Also, don't you think Veratti has some assurance from Barca management otherwise he won't expose himself without having some agreement with Barca board. We already know that he meet with Bordas who's current board member and ex board director. Last time Barca top executive was directly involved with potential signing was Rossell with Neymar. I don't think the current management can do more than wait for the player to push his way out and have Nasser's willingness to have discussion about transfer. After all you can't talk with and make a deal with someone who doesn't want to talk to you.

Total-Football

The way i look at it is this .. We over spent last year ( went over our budget by a few millions ) add our massive salaries to the mix . Put 2 and 2 together.. then you would see that Veratti is an unrealistic target. I honnestly prefer us not spending anything and go for mega targets next year than taking half way measures and recruit the gomes's and the paulinhos.. Really, just save it until next year.

GetIn

The way i look at it is this .. We over spent last year ( went over our budget by a few millions ) add our massive salaries to the mix . Put 2 and 2 together.. then you would see that Veratti is an unrealistic target. I honnestly prefer us not spending anything and go for mega targets next year than taking half way measures and recruit the gomes's and the paulinhos.. Really, just save it until next year.

One more trophyless season and one more year wasted of Messi's prime. Great idea. We have the money, we were ranked the 2nd richest club in the world for a reason. Time for Barto to open the chequebook and do what is necessary for us to be competitive again. Take money from the next year's budget if need be, but no more lost seasons. Our window to win the CL is 3-4 years, then that Messi will either leave or decline to the point where he cannot carry us anymore. After that point the squad is going to have to be majorly restructured and we probably will experience a couple years of impotency.

Total-Football

One more trophyless season and one more year wasted of Messi's prime. Great idea. We have the money, we were ranked the 2nd richest club in the world for a reason. Time for Barto to open the chequebook and do what is necessary for us to be competitive again. Take money from the next year's budget if need be, but no more lost seasons. Our window to win the CL is 3-4 years, then that Messi will either leave or decline to the point where he cannot carry us anymore. After that point the squad is going to have to be majorly restructured and we probably will experience a couple years of impotency.

Dude, you can't spend money you don't have. This is not how it works at all. We already took money from this window for the last one. I didn't say we shoudn't. I'm just against recruiting just for the sake of recruiting. If we are after Paulinho then i definitly prefer saving money for next year. It's not always about what's needed to be done, but also what can you do.

GetIn

Dude, you can't spend money you don't have. This is not how it works at all. We already took money from this window for the last one. I didn't say we shoudn't. I'm just against recruiting just for the sake of recruiting. If we are after Paulinho then i definitly prefer saving money for next year. It's not always about what's needed to be done, but also what can you do.

The likes of Paulinho and Lima aren't going to cut it. This board can cry poor all they want but we all know if push came to shove and this was an election year they would get Verratti done, someway somehow. We spent what, around 120m last summer? That's the amount we're going to have to spend every year from now on with the market being the way it is to remain a world class team. 2nd richest club in the world and we can only spend 60m a year? Give me a break.

With an aging Messi and core there is no time to waste. Take money from the next few budgets if you have to and get Verratti, Dembele and Semedo done. After that I doubt we have to spend big for the next 3 summers at least. This window is crucial for us.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Verratti wants to sign for Barça and told that to PSG. He wants Barcelona to come out before PSG starts the preseason. [le parisien]

draconifire

IMHO it just looks like he didn't want to look like the guy who wants to dicate the club building a team around him, as he's only the star player of there team currently. That would make his teammates feel shittier. This would make him look a terrible teammate. I can understand why he would deny it.

Home of Barca Fans