Marco Verratti

springfield

why do you say that ??

Because some people seem to think that Barcelona is a rich club but they are not. They can not buy just any player they want, they are restricted because of the budget. And because of players like Neymar, Messi and other who are earning above average, the total club wages are pretty high. And there is also the FFP.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Because some people seem to think that Barcelona is a rich club but they are not. They can not buy just any player they want, they are restricted because of the budget. And because of players like Neymar, Messi and other who are earning above average, the total club wages are pretty high. And there is also the FFP.

Barca are 2nd richest club in the World. Wage budget and adhering to rules some other clubs bend and break are obstacles though.
Oh, and the board could help. For example had we contacted Verratti 2 years ago and told him about our plans (Xavi going and Iniesta in his last years) he might not have signed that extension. From what I am gathering our board barely contacts targets and players often do mention main reason for joining clubs are the phone calls from managers.
Look at Valverde as well. He said noone even talked to him up until few days we announced it.

Messi983

Barca are 2nd richest club in the World. Wage budget and adhering to rules some other clubs bend and break are obstacles though.
Oh, and the board could help. For example had we contacted Verratti 2 years ago and told him about our plans (Xavi going and Iniesta in his last years) he might not have signed that extension. From what I am gathering our board barely contacts targets and players often do mention main reason for joining clubs are the phone calls from managers.
Look at Valverde as well. He said noone even talked to him up until few days we announced it.

I know that's happening a lot but it's illegal.

Lutece FC

FC Barcelona was handed a 14-month ban in April after being found guilty of breaching Fifa's rules on the transfer of players aged under 18.

I think it's not the good window to try to play with the rules.

CatalinR10

FC Barcelona was handed a 14-month ban in April after being found guilty of breaching Fifa's rules on the transfer of players aged under 18.

I think it's not the good window to try to sign a player.

Comin' over in my direction
So thankful for that, it's such a blessin', yeah
Turn every situation into heaven, yeah
Oh-oh, you are
My sunrise on the darkest day
Got me feelin' some kind of way
Make me wanna savor every moment slowly, slowly
You fit me tailor-made, love how you put it on
Got the only key, know how to turn it on
The way you nibble on my ear, the only words I wanna hear
Baby, take it slow so we can last long

Windhook

FFP is the sole reason we are not competitive on the market this summer, the rest of your opinion is bullshit.

Sorin

We have an incompetent board who raised the salary for fringe squad players too much. It's not the star players that are the problem here. It's guys like Vermaelen, Song, Arda etc. having big wages for their output/playing for other clubs. When you have the GOAT, Neymar and Suarez you have to pay big to keep them. Every team with 3 of the best 5 players in the world would have this "problem", aside from the sugar daddy clubs that is and government sponsored RM.

We are indeed one of the 3 richest clubs in the world, having difficulties in singing players is on our board incompetence not on our revenue being smaller than others.

There are other aspects as well, such as having basketball, handball, futsal, women football, skate hockey teams. While not on the level of our man football team wage wise they do indeed need money for functioning. Especially the handball and basketball teams which are CL/EL contending teams in their respective sports.

Egert

Estonian Culé
[tw]879789931941564416[/tw]

Would he get punished if he just said that "Verratti is a player that would fit in Barca" or something like that?
We need to support him if he really wants out.

Home of Barca Fans