Are CL winners the best team in Europe?

CL winners the best in Europe?

• Yes

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • Can't really say! They are just lucky!!

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Like I mentioned in the match thread, has to be the least impressive winner of a competition since Greece at the Euros but going back even further for the CL...Chelsea scored from dead ball situations and left the world to snooze as they parked it...Mind numbingly boring

Watching Bayern with a boat load of chances was like deja vu, in triplicate

Clockwise

Buccaneer
You can not judge a team merely by the title of the trophy they won, but also how they won it.
it makes Bilbao and A.Madrid both better teams in europe than Chelsea

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Out of all the CL winners i have never seen a team this lucky,lets give them credit for their first CL title it doesn't matter how they won it cause it is our own fault to let this happen too.We cannot blame chelsea when no team played great against them.

mateopol

Nope, Chelsea is nowhere near to being the best team in Europe, no matter what AnfieldEd would say. The worst winner of UCL in recent history, only Liverpool 2005 is worse. Both fluked the trophy, but sometimes the power luck is too powerful. On the otherside, we know today, that defending champion won't win UCL in 2012-13 :)

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Best teams in Europe by year and whether they won the CL

2000 - Bayern - no
2001 - Roma - no
2002 - Leverkusen - no
2003 - Juventus - no
2004 - Arsenal - no
2005 - Chelsea - no
2006 - Barcelona - yes
2007 - Man Utd - no
2008 - Man Utd - yes
2009 - Barcelona - yes
2010 - Barcelona - no
2011 - Barcelona - yes

mixer

They went through the whole tournament with an incredible luck, they defend the whole time(even against Benfica and Napoli).They shouldn't go trough the group stage. They are on 6th position in the league(!), even Newcastle is higher in the table. Overlooks the fact that Newcastle could be the european champions. The answer to this question is simple - NO.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Best teams in Europe by year and whether they won the CL

2000 - Bayern - no
2001 - Roma - no
2002 - Leverkusen - no
2003 - Juventus - no
2004 - Arsenal - no
2005 - Chelsea - no
2006 - Barcelona - yes
2007 - Man Utd - no
2008 - Man Utd - yes
2009 - Barcelona - yes
2010 - Barcelona - no
2011 - Barcelona - yes

totally forgot about Arsenal in 2004!

such epic chokejobs in the Cups that season for them.

Superfly

Banned
AtWjD_FCMAEQy1d.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Not even best team in London let alone Europe... never have I seen to many injustices in football... little part of me died seeing Chelski win it... SAD day for FOotball all over the universe

X

xaviniesta

Not even best team in London let alone Europe... never have I seen to many injustices in football... little part of me died seeing Chelski win it... SAD day for FOotball all over the universe

btw, the first CL trophy for the captial of the best football country in the world ever.

Beast

The Observer
So we know we had this discussion previously... and some of the more experienced have gone on record defending the CL and the winners of the cup. But the question does arise again, with Chelsea currently crowned the European champions.

Are CL winners really the best in Europe?

Yes.. they are ..

They beat over 180 minutes and with 10 men for large part of the second leg.. and you claim you are the best team in the world, right ? you can't even be the best team in Spain

Home of Barca Fans