Maxwell

Warik

Some people are never happy it seems. Some people on here (not going to name names) seem to want us to match all the Real's and City...its ridiculous. Our team is the envy of world football, and thats it, the emphasis...TEAM...not star names...TEAM. I don't think there is a club anywhere which can claim to have a better squad than us. Some clubs have more big names, but then they don't all (imparticular Real) have a better 'team'...big names on paper don't win you trophies. A good work ethic and team work win trophies, and we have that in abundance.

Cannot go wrong for the price, and Maxwell was very good at Ajax. He never got to his best at Inter but if we can get him playing to his potential 4.5 million euros is a bargain.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
A solid backup and a fair price. We got what we most needed since Syl is leaving.
I`m quite happy with this signing. On top it all: It was secretive!

Warik

Glad we've finally gotten somewhere tbh...I thought we might of done a Real last summer and spent our whole summer chasing one player only to end up practically empty handed (for the amount of good VdV did)...

zanela

Our team is almost complete! We don't have to spend like the village idiots (LPB, City)!! We already have 5-6 world class players! We only need an LB back up, DM back up and maybe Ribery! I've seen Maxwell playing, he is experienced at the highest level, I rate him above Felipe!

We dnt 've a gr8 reliable LB as it is to be purchasing an old avg bench warmer frm Inter who is now not even good enough for tht role for thm. Hez past his best.
A young, Promising and a solid LB wud 've bin a more quality signing imo.

He's a decent addition to the squad, plentyu to be happy about. Saying that Laporta and Txiki can "go to hell" is way out of line as is saying you won't welcome him to the club. Some support for our new player that is!

Tht was said in disappointment(its not like im the first 1 to have said such a thing on this forum while there 've bin ppl who have bin guilty of much worse :lol:) and ofcourse i ll support the player. So, Dnt u worry dear.

Also, there are sme(not u CA) on this forum who are happy with mediocrity at the club.
I want the best for my club and it doesnt necessarily have to be 'star names'. Besides, LB was a position we needed strengthening the most and i honestly think we cud have gone for more quality thn Maxwell and if this is so hard for sme ppl to comprehend, too bad i guess...

Last edited:

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Maxwell's 27, hardly old or past his best, he's pretty much in his prime. Sylvinho and Gio were hardly top of everybody's list of best full backs when they arrived and they both gave years of great service, Maxwell can do the same.

Also, there are sme(not u CA) on this forum who are happy with mediocrity at the club.
I want the best for my club and it doesnt necessarily have to be 'star names'. Besides, LB was a position we needed strengthening the most and i honestly think we cud have gone for more quality thn Maxwell and if this is so hard for sme ppl to comprehend, too bad i guess...

I actually don't think there is anybody on here who is happy to accept mediocrity for barça. A lot of people may be less obsessed with the star names and happy to see us build a squad in an intelligent manner, but that doesn't mean they want mediocrity.

Warik

Seems you are the only one who thinks Maxwell is "mediocre"...Honestly, past it? he's had 1 bad season...and he lost his place to Santon who is arguably the best defensive talent Italy have produced in a long while...He's 27 so not "old" (same age as Villa yet you want him), and if you read the Inter forums none of them are calling him average or rubbish...they are all praising him saying how good he is. He was in the last year of his contract and wouldn't sign a new one (Inter tried to get him to)...so they sold him, that doesn't say anything about how good he is. At all.

I honestly don't think you know anything about Maxwell, I highly doubt you have even seen him play to be honest. He is a good player who will add competition for places to the team, which is what Pep wanted. The guy could be great or he could flop but that is the same with any signing no matter how big a reputation they have, and for 5 million euros you can't go wrong really.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
zanela doesn't rate maxwell? then he must be ugly!

in all honesty I'm a big fan of this move. he's a very good LB capable of some pretty jaw-dropping moments of skill. he's no world-beater but has proven big match experience and brings a winning mentality over from inter. I wouldn't say he was "eclipsed" by santon, especially as mourinho didn't get on with him and was looking for an excuse to drop him.

he can cross rather well so for me he's already our starting LB for home games and probably most away games too. lol. he'll have to play his way into the side, though, but let's be honest that won't be hard given what's in-front of him.

and for €4.5m that's just a great bit of business and like adam says, a firm fuck you to depor and their bullshit. feel bad for filipe but that's the way she goes sometimes. and of course coz we spent so little we have more money for dave! €50m joan! DO IT!

zanela

Maxwell's 27, hardly old or past his best, he's pretty much in his prime. Sylvinho and Gio were hardly top of everybody's list of best full backs when they arrived and they both gave years of great service, Maxwell can do the same.

Maxwell will be 28 next month.

I actually don't think there is anybody on here who is happy to accept mediocrity for barça. A lot of people may be less obsessed with the star names and happy to see us build a squad in an intelligent manner, but that doesn't mean they want mediocrity.

Just like those who expect more quality for the club but doesnt necessarily mean they fancy star names. Tht was the point i wanted to make in response to smeone's post...so just leave it.
\

P

Pontepretana

ha this is very good for a brasilian in Barcelona.. i think diego is happy

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
zanela doesn't rate maxwell? then he must be ugly!

in all honesty I'm a big fan of this move. he's a very good LB capable of some pretty jaw-dropping moments of skill. he's no world-beater but has proven big match experience and brings a winning mentality over from inter. I wouldn't say he was "eclipsed" by santon, especially as mourinho didn't get on with him and was looking for an excuse to drop him.

he can cross rather well so for me he's already our starting LB for home games and probably most away games too. lol. he'll have to play his way into the side, though, but let's be honest that won't be hard given what's in-front of him.

and for €4.5m that's just a great bit of business and like adam says, a firm fuck you to depor and their bullshit. feel bad for filipe but that's the way she goes sometimes. and of course coz we spent so little we have more money for dave! €50m joan! DO IT!

Funny stuff, he must be uggly if Zanela doesn't rate him :lol:

I think that he's a very good signing. We've been discussing a possible LB backup for a while now and Maxwell was an option many of us thought was good. I also think he has more potential than he showed in Inter and hopefully he will be the new Gio - and the price is right!
But now when we've made such a bargain, I would not want to spend €50 millions on Villa. But this signing shows how we handle greedy clubs/agents - I hope Soriano/Llorente (or whoever is running that club cause' I'm not sure anymore) gets the message.

V

Visca_Barça

i am glad that there is another brasilian in Barça. i am quite happy about this deal. hope he does well for Barça. .:emotions16:

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Awesome, the more of this Inter forum I read the better. Many believe that it's perfect for everyone because he suits our style of play very well. Loads are PISSED that we got him for so cheap as well, and think he's worth a lot more because they don't feel Santon can handle the pressure of being first choice at 18 years of age. This is pretty cool thus far.

Home of Barca Fans