Defender for next season?

Buying Hart to replace a solid, experienced home
grown keeper and Kompany to replace a potential world class home grown CB (Pique is still very young for a CB) would be something a rich and greedy club would do, not the Barca I fell in love with.

Important word I used - G R A D U A L L Y

puyi has 1 year left? he told recently that he want to go until 40 at least.

:puyol:

if barca buys hart, they should also buy carroll, because he gives the most passes to him. (check euro12 stats) should be a dynamite duo.

No,just Hart,Kompany and Yaya...becouse Silva wouldn't have space

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
yeah i think we should sign Hart and sell valdes ,do the same thing for Busquets and replace him with Gerrard besides sell Messi and buy Neymar,Carroll,Heskey(as a backup striker) also replace Puyol with Kompany Puyi is finished now so too is Xavi so Lampard could do a great job.

yeah i think we should sign Hart and sell valdes ,do the same thing for Busquets and replace him with Gerrard besides sell Messi and buy Neymar,Carroll,Heskey(as a backup striker) also replace Puyol with Kompany Puyi is finished now so too is Xavi so Lampard could do a great job.

GRADUALLY was the word...:wave:Heskey?What a brilliant idea!I am surprised you didn't proposed Gary Lineker or Teddy Sharingham:party1:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
If I remember correctly Xavi and Messi both had better free kick statistics than Cristiano last season ;)

X

xaviniesta

If I remember correctly Xavi and Messi both had better free kick statistics than Cristiano last season ;)

i think everybody had who scored at least one goal. he went like 50 attempts without scoring before he finally scored one.. but what has that to do with this thread?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
i think everybody had who scored at least one goal. he went like 50 attempts without scoring before he finally scored one.. but what has that to do with this thread?

He said we needed players capable of scoring with free kicks... and mentioned Cristiano. Couldn't remember in which post it was so I didn't quote. Point being that we need not sign someone just to score with free kicks

X

xaviniesta

actually barca scored a lot of free kick goals last season. messi 3, xavi 2, villa 1 right? i doubt that many clubs scored that many goals from free kicks last season. santi was the top scorer last season and he 'only' scored 4 goals.

Maria

puyi has 1 year left? he told recently that he want to go until 40 at least.
:puyol:

We are burrying Puyol since 2008 and every year he comes back stronger. And even if he plays only 20 games/season, he should be welcomed at Barca until he wants to retire because someone like him is an inspiration to every canterano and new player.

if barca buys hart, they should also buy carroll, because he gives the most passes to him. (check euro12 stats) should be a dynamite duo.

:lol:

He said we needed players capable of scoring with free kicks... and mentioned Cristiano.

RM would probably score more from FKs if they would let Xabi, Ozil or even Ramos to take some of them.

actually barca scored a lot of free kick goals last season. messi 3, xavi 2, villa 1 right? i doubt that many clubs scored that many goals from free kicks last season. santi was the top scorer last season and he 'only' scored 4 goals.

From the big teams in Europe, Barca scored the most goals from FKs..they must be really awfull though. :lol:

Also in La Liga we had the 2nd most goals scored from headers, after Athletic. And Malaga scored the most goals from outside the penalty area..so if we wanted to improve this particular area, we should have bought Cazorla instead of Cesc last year.

Last edited:

Meitux

why are you guys taking a new goalkeeper for joke i dont disagree that valdes is the only one that can play in barcelonas system of passing but you havent saw others keeper doing it because they dont play like that and besides that i have to say it one more time in saves he is no way near better than casillas and sometimes makes fatal errors but this is a general icon in the last 3-4 years he has been very good

Maria

Buying Hart to replace a solid, experienced home
grown keeper and Kompany to replace a potential world class home grown CB (Pique is still very young for a CB) would be something a rich and greedy club would do, not the Barca I fell in love with.

Barca had really big problems with the GKs in the past..there were some that even if they were good outside of Barca, failed miserably at our club.

Sometimes I think that these so called fans deserve to experience a period similar to what we lived with Gaspart. Maybe then they would learn to apreciate what we have now.

X

xaviniesta

And Santi scored the most goals from outside the penalty area..so if we wanted to improve this particular area, we should have bought Cazorla instead of Cesc last year.

fixed

i think he scored 8 of his 9 goals outside of pen area last year

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Barca had really big problems with the GKs in the past..there were some that even if they were good outside of Barca, failed miserably at our club.

Sometimes I think that these so called fans deserve to experience a period similar to what we lived with Gaspart. Maybe then they would learn to apreciate what we have now.
They wouldn't support Barca if these kinda problems were there.

Home of Barca Fans