Viktor Fischer

Trickykid

4890315-eks-agfer-sender-barcelona-ud-i-mrket---1.jpg

Nationality: Danish
Team: Ajax u19
Position(s): Left wing, trequartista, striker

This kid is all the rage at the moment.
He moved to Ajax from danish team FCM last year for around 1.5 mil euros.
I expect many of you saw him in the NextGen series against us, where he scored twice and played a hell of a game, and he did even better against Liverpool where he scored a 3 times and had 2 assists (sadly I haven't been able to find any vids of it).

With brilliant skills on the ball, calmness in front of goal, a hunger to play for the best team in the world and a maturity not often seen with teenagers, he's destined to become the next big thing to emerge from Ajax. He's mainly deployed as a left winger in the 4-3-3, but has also been played central - both as striker and offensive midfielder.

Both Man U and Liverpool have been reported to be seriously interested in Fischer recently, and he's getting praise from just about everybody around Ajax at the moment. I hope he stays with Ajax for at least a couple of years though. In any case he's most definately one to look out for.

Mes que un club

I played against this guy when he was young (played for local club Lyseng, in Aarhus, before moving to AGF and then FC Midtjylland - this remains one of the biggest mistakes AGF has made, letting this guy go for nothing) - and we were slaugthered by him singlehandledly, even though he was playing against players two years older than him. We lost 8-0, he scored something approaching 8 goals. Seems he is doing the same against some of the best youth teams in the world now. He was always going to be a fantastic player. Ajax scout John Steen Olsen has just claimed him to have potential to reach the level of Preben Elkjær, if you lot remember him.

Trickykid

That's a neat anecdote to be able to tell people, once he's setting the world alight for a top team in a few years.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Hopefully we buy this kid. I mean after Sporting thrashed us we bought their best player, so time to do so again :D

Trickykid

Fischer is in the 18-man squad to face PSV in tomorrows dutch Supercup. I'd love to see him make his debut with the senior squad there.

Trickykid

Started the match and was subbed just around the hour mark. I didn't catch the match, but apparently Ajax had a dreadful first half, so I'm guessing Fischer wasn't exactly outstanding. Anyone saw the match?

AFCA

Started the match and was subbed just around the hour mark. I didn't catch the match, but apparently Ajax had a dreadful first half, so I'm guessing Fischer wasn't exactly outstanding. Anyone saw the match?

He was invisible, didn't defend either. Not ready yet.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Was expecting way more from Fischer but as AFCA said, he didn't show anything of the skill he probably has. Invisible for the entire time he played.

Trickykid

Was expecting way more from Fischer but as AFCA said, he didn't show anything of the skill he probably has. Invisible for the entire time he played.

Yeah, I must admit I was hoping he'd show something too. Anyhow, I didn't recognize alot of the names in the lineup - was it mostly reserves or youth players?

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Some regular starters for Ajax were indeed injured or just back to training, like Eriksen and Van der Wiel. That's why Ajax used a couple of inexperienced players like Fischer and Dijks. They missed 4 or 5 players of De Boer's favoured starting 11, so they were the underdogs for this game.

PSV looked decent, though. Lens, Narsingh and Toivonen were very dangerous on the break, and quite efficient as well. Jetro Willems - remember him for the Euros? - had a great game as well imo. He had a great assist for the 3-1, beating 2 or 3 players before crossing it to Toivonen for an easy tap-in.

Without Eriksen, Ajax lacked a player to link the midfield to the attack. Siem de Jong isn't good enough technically to do that, and Janssen is too slow, and he plays too deep.

The Eredivisie will probably be a 2-horse race this year, if Ajax strengthens its squad a bit. They need someone to replace Vertonghen. PSV and Ajax are favourites, but FC Twente are dark horses. AZ and Feyenoord look weaker compared to last year; I can't see them challenging PSV and Ajax, unless they make some great signings.

Trickykid

Some regular starters for Ajax were indeed injured or just back to training, like Eriksen and Van der Wiel. That's why Ajax used a couple of inexperienced players like Fischer and Dijks. They missed 4 or 5 players of De Boer's favoured starting 11, so they were the underdogs for this game.

PSV looked decent, though. Lens, Narsingh and Toivonen were very dangerous on the break, and quite efficient as well. Jetro Willems - remember him for the Euros? - had a great game as well imo. He had a great assist for the 3-1, beating 2 or 3 players before crossing it to Toivonen for an easy tap-in.

Without Eriksen, Ajax lacked a player to link the midfield to the attack. Siem de Jong isn't good enough technically to do that, and Janssen is too slow, and he plays too deep.

The Eredivisie will probably be a 2-horse race this year, if Ajax strengthens its squad a bit. They need someone to replace Vertonghen. PSV and Ajax are favourites, but FC Twente are dark horses. AZ and Feyenoord look weaker compared to last year; I can't see them challenging PSV and Ajax, unless they make some great signings.

Thanks for the insight - much appreciated.
Btw, do you know when Boilesen is expected back? And what's your expectations for Schöne?

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Thanks for the insight - much appreciated.
Btw, do you know when Boilesen is expected back? And what's your expectations for Schöne?

Boilesen will miss the start of the season, probably. I wouldn't know when he's expected back exactly. All I know is that he has starting training again. My guess would be September or October.

Schöne is an excellent piece of business imo: he was free, and he's a great player to have depthwise. He's basically a more experienced but less talented Eriksen. Ajax played better with him on for Fischer yesterday. Ajax really needed another 'no.10' after Aissati's release. With Boerrigter's continued injuries, I can even see Schöne getting into the first 11, playing from the left. If Ajax uses Siem de Jong and Janssen in midfield, it would probably be better to use Schöne (or even better, Eriksen, of course, but he'll probably play in midfield when he plays) on the wing - preferably the left wing, so that Schöne can cut inside. If Eriksen and Siem de Jong/Janssen play in midfield, Fischer or Boerrigter would be better on the wing imo.

Ajax does need a central defender and a right winger, and maybe another striker as well. Daley Blind just isn't good enough defensively - he struggles against the top teams. He's a decent passer, and he's technically decent as well, but he's too slow, too weak, and too sweet, probably. He lacks experience - and therefore tactical awareness - as well. I would buy AZ's Moisander if I were them. If Muniesa wouldn't have been injured, he would have gone to Ajax, probably.

Curiously enough, Ajax are linked to Tello as well in the Dutch media. Maybe he could help sort their wing-troubles out. But Tello is better from the left, probably. Assaidi (Heerenveen) is also heavily linked to Ajax, but he's a left winger as well, and they need a right winger, so I'd find it strange if they'd really buy him.

Siem de Jong, the new captain, prefers to play in midfield, so Sigthórsson is their only real striker now. They probably need a back up, considering Sigthórsson's injury problems last season.

Home of Barca Fans