Viktor Fischer

AFCA

Boilesen will miss the start of the season, probably. I wouldn't know when he's expected back exactly. All I know is that he has starting training again. My guess would be September or October.

Schöne is an excellent piece of business imo: he was free, and he's a great player to have depthwise. He's basically a more experienced but less talented Eriksen. Ajax played better with him on for Fischer yesterday. Ajax really needed another 'no.10' after Aissati's release. With Boerrigter's continued injuries, I can even see Schöne getting into the first 11, playing from the left. If Ajax uses Siem de Jong and Janssen in midfield, it would probably be better to use Schöne (or even better, Eriksen, of course, but he'll probably play in midfield when he plays) on the wing - preferably the left wing, so that Schöne can cut inside. If Eriksen and Siem de Jong/Janssen play in midfield, Fischer or Boerrigter would be better on the wing imo.

Ajax does need a central defender and a right winger, and maybe another striker as well. Daley Blind just isn't good enough defensively - he struggles against the top teams. He's a decent passer, and he's technically decent as well, but he's too slow, too weak, and too sweet, probably. He lacks experience - and therefore tactical awareness - as well. I would buy AZ's Moisander if I were them. If Muniesa wouldn't have been injured, he would have gone to Ajax, probably.

Curiously enough, Ajax are linked to Tello as well in the Dutch media. Maybe he could help sort their wing-troubles out. But Tello is better from the left, probably. Assaidi (Heerenveen) is also heavily linked to Ajax, but he's a left winger as well, and they need a right winger, so I'd find it strange if they'd really buy him.

Siem de Jong, the new captain, prefers to play in midfield, so Sigthórsson is their only real striker now. They probably need a back up, considering Sigthórsson's injury problems last season.

Blind's biggest problem that he is just so slow.When he's up against Mertens, Lens, Narsingh he doesn't stand a chance. Mitchell Dijks did great though, Narsingh couldn't get past him.I hope we go for Gouweleeuw and move Alderweireld to the left.

I don't think we need a right winger. We have Sana, Sulejmani and Lukoki. A left winger would be more than welcome though. Boerrigter(always injured), Fischer(not ready), Ebecilio(Not even going to explain why).

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Forgot about Sana. Lukoki and Ebecilio suck imo. Lukoki shows no indication of any football intelligence: he's all about pace. Sulejmani is decent though. But if Sana's quality, you're right, then you wouldn't need a right winger, even with Özbiliz leaving. Not that you'll miss Özbiliz, he was just another average youth prospect.

Call me negative, but I feel like most of Ajax's youth prospects in the De Boer era have been average, or at least the self-educated ones. They tend the be a bit overhyped imo. Only the scouted ones who aren't really from Ajax's youth system - Eriksen, and maybe Fischer - seem to be real assets. Only Van Rhijn seems to be a potentially good player. Van der Wiel's breakthrough was years ago, so I don't count him. But Blind, Koppers, Özbiliz, Ebecilio, Lukoki, Klaassen, etc. don't seem to be world beaters. I can't judge Dijks yet, although he did a decent job against Narsingh in the JCS. But then again, the youth system is still being reformed, so maybe that'll change in the years to come.

Apparently, Ajax and Heerenveen are now negotiating about Assaidi. Again, he's a class player, and AFCA is probably right about the fact that you'd need a left winger rather than a right winger. So it's strange that VI and other sources keep quoting Ajax insiders about their hunt for a right winger instead of a left winger. Then again, Assaidi is a left winger, so they probably realize it themselves now.

Ajax really need some more depth up front (wingers and strikers), so I'm amazed they waited so long to sign anyone. They should be able to buy quality players after their 2 consecutive championships, with the CL-money. And the sooner you sign a player, the more time he has to adapt to the team. Pre-season is the best time to sign your players, and they don't seem to realize that. But the media will without a doubt brand Ajax's transfer market apathy 'New Realism'. Amazing, how top teams only seem to be doing things wrong in hindsight, according to the media.

Last edited:

AFCA

Forgot about Sana. Lukoki and Ebecilio suck imo. Lukoki shows no indication of any football intelligence: he's all about pace. Sulejmani is decent though. But if Sana's quality, you're right, then you wouldn't need a right winger, even with Özbiliz leaving. Not that you'll miss Özbiliz, he was just another average youth prospect.

Call me negative, but I feel like most of Ajax's youth prospects in the De Boer era have been average, or at least the self-educated ones. They tend the be a bit overhyped imo. Only the scouted ones who aren't really from Ajax's youth system - Eriksen, and maybe Fischer - seem to be real assets. Only Van Rhijn seems to be a potentially good player. Van der Wiel's breakthrough was years ago, so I don't count him. But Blind, Koppers, Özbiliz, Ebecilio, Lukoki, Klaassen, etc. don't seem to be world beaters. I can't judge Dijks yet, although he did a decent job against Narsingh in the JCS. But then again, the youth system is still being reformed, so maybe that'll change in the years to come.

Apparently, Ajax and Heerenveen are now negotiating about Assaidi. Again, he's a class player, and AFCA is probably right about the fact that you'd need a left winger rather than a right winger. So it's strange that VI and other sources keep quoting Ajax insiders about their hunt for a right winger instead of a left winger. Then again, Assaidi is a left winger, so they probably realize it themselves now.

Ajax really need some more depth up front (wingers and strikers), so I'm amazed they waited so long to sign anyone. They should be able to buy quality players after their 2 consecutive championships, with the CL-money. And the sooner you sign a player, the more time he has to adapt to the team. Pre-season is the best time to sign your players, and they don't seem to realize that. But the media will without a doubt brand Ajax's transfer market apathy 'New Realism'. Amazing, how top teams only seem to be doing things wrong in hindsight, according to the media.

Agree about Ebecilio, Lukoki I think could turn into good player with a lot of training from Bergkamp. Most young wingers are kind of blind.

Well they were good enough to win the Eredivisie two times in a row;)Tells you something about the youth level of your own club. I think Klaassen is a good player. The problem is that he's a 10. We don't play with a 10 anymore. Siem de Jong has the same problem, but he can handle to play in midfield because he is stronger. But I agree that the rest isn't good enough. The last Jan olde Riekerink generation is now A1. After that it should get better.

You also have to remember that it's a lot harder to keep producing top quality youth players when you have to do it about every 3/4 years. Unlike at Barca where players stay their entire career. But Barca wouldn't have had good replacements either when any of them left at age 23/24. People seem to forget that. Dutch clubs also have a much smaller base to scout from.

Jesse1509

^ I agree on most things here. Gotta give De Boer credit for the fact that he managed to make Ajax champions twice with some young players. Last season Blind even ended as their left back, and they had to use Ebecilio a lot, so it's a huge achievement when you consider that. Makes Rutten suck even more, because I think that, on paper, PSV should've been better last season. I have a lot more confidence in Advocaat.

Agree about Klaassen as well. He was used as a striker too at times, I believe, but he's not great there. Maybe it would be better to send him out on loan.

What's your take on Siem de Jong, AFCA? Do you think he's the right choice to captain Ajax, and how do you rate him in general? He's more experienced than most of his teammates, and he's reasonably consistent, but I feel like he won't be able to play at a much higher level than Ajax. Maybe mid-table Premier League, or top 7 Bundesliga or something like that. His brother seems to be better than him. Would you agree?

Still disagree about Lukoki. To me, he seems like a lesser Amrabat, and Amrabat was kinda blind as well. But Ajax has got some decent coaches there, so if he can improve anywhere, it should be there.

AFCA

^ I agree on most things here. Gotta give De Boer credit for the fact that he managed to make Ajax champions twice with some young players. Last season Blind even ended as their left back, and they had to use Ebecilio a lot, so it's a huge achievement when you consider that. Makes Rutten suck even more, because I think that, on paper, PSV should've been better last season. I have a lot more confidence in Advocaat.

Agree about Klaassen as well. He was used as a striker too at times, I believe, but he's not great there. Maybe it would be better to send him out on loan.

What's your take on Siem de Jong, AFCA? Do you think he's the right choice to captain Ajax, and how do you rate him in general? He's more experienced than most of his teammates, and he's reasonably consistent, but I feel like he won't be able to play at a much higher level than Ajax. Maybe mid-table Premier League, or top 7 Bundesliga or something like that. His brother seems to be better than him. Would you agree?

Still disagree about Lukoki. To me, he seems like a lesser Amrabat, and Amrabat was kinda blind as well. But Ajax has got some decent coaches there, so if he can improve anywhere, it should be there.

Yeah, definitely think that PSV is favourite for the title at this point, perfect mix of experience and youngsters I think. If we can get a central defender and Assaidi it will become an exciting race. If we don't get any new signings I hope we just use Denswil and Fischer instead of Blind and Ebecilio,both of them will never be good enough.

A loan for Klaassen would be perfect. I think he could become a decent striker, in the same role as Siem de Jong. But right now he's just not physically up for it.

Alderweireld would be my captain. Siem could do a good job though, he just has a lot to learn. It's not like Vertonghen was the best captain either in his first months and in the first half of last season, and he turned out fantastic. About him in general,I think he is a really good player. Just not for this Ajax, he was perfect under Jol as a #10. He just can't keep up with the speed on the half position. He would do well in the Bundesliga I think, Schalke or something. Personality wise, you couldn't get a much better player as a coach. He saved us these past 2 seasons by wanting to play as a striker, and in my opinion a better striker than Sightorsson. His brother gets to play in his favourite position. If you would put Luuk on 10 or as a half player he isn't that good either.

Nah, Amrabat is like a lesser Afellay. Both more midfielders. Lukoki is a real winger. Maybe more like Tello. Both really fast but just not able to give that final pass/cross...yet!

Last edited:

Jesse1509

^ Alderweireld would have been my captain as well.

Also, agree about Siem de Jong being better as a striker than as a CM. As an AM, he's even better though. So I'm a bit surprised he doesn't want to play as a striker anymore. I'd use Janssen over Siem de Jong in midfield in this 4-3-3, and probably De Jong as a striker instead of Sigthórsson. Janssen is Ajax's only deep-lying playmaker, so they should keep him imo. Or they should get some kind of a libero, a new Vertonghen to help creating from the back. Still can't see why they haven't bought another central defender yet.

AFCA

^ Alderweireld would have been my captain as well.

Also, agree about Siem de Jong being better as a striker than as a CM. As an AM, he's even better though. So I'm a bit surprised he doesn't want to play as a striker anymore. I'd use Janssen over Siem de Jong in midfield in this 4-3-3, and probably De Jong as a striker instead of Sigthórsson. Janssen is Ajax's only deep-lying playmaker, so they should keep him imo. Or they should get some kind of a libero, a new Vertonghen to help creating from the back. Still can't see why they haven't bought another central defender yet.

When did he say he didn't want to play striker anymore? A few weeks ago he said his preferred position is midfield but wouldn't mind playing striker. I hope Janssen goes to Vitesse, so sick of his attitude. We haven't bought another central defender because we don't have the money;), and we have Denswil, who will probably be ready next year. So you can buy Moisander for like 4 million and give him a big salary, but Denswil will be better than him in a short period of time. So then you have a very expensive and old bench sitter. A younger defender would just get in the way of Denswils development.

Jesse1509

Haven't seen Denswil yet, so I'll have to take your word for it. Can't be worse than Blind anyway!

I thought Siem said so in VI. But maybe you're right, can't remember it exactly. But I do think that De Boer said that he didn't want to switch Siem's position around all the time.

Jesse1509

Decent player. Haven't seen too many full matches in which he featured though. But he's fast, and technically reasonable. I will get back on this after wednesday, providing he features for the national side against Belgium.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Hate Allsvenskan as I'm from Sweden but Tobias Sana is such a crisp player. Really easy on the eye with lovely passes and dribbles.

He can become something.. although Ajax > Göteborg so we'll see if he can live with the demands.

Jesse1509

Sana impressed me in his first 45 minutes for Ajax, he looked very energetic and very quick. Could be a bargain for Ajax (they paid around 300k).

Trickykid

Fischer scored a hattrick against Molde in the NextGen series tonight. Any of the resident dutchies in here who caught it? Anyhow, I'll be hoping some highlights show up later tonight.

Trickykid

Just bagged his second. Apparently they were both simple finishes, but hey, a brace in your first league start is pretty damn awesome in any case. I wonder if this will kick off his Ajax career, just like it happened for compariot Christian Eriksen in 09/10.
As always, any insider input from the dutch guys who're following the league more extensively would be appreciated.

Home of Barca Fans