1 - Marc-Andre ter Ansplant

zanela

I never got the forum fetish for him as a captain.
He is literally one of the worst option for the arm band.

He appears to be an overwhelming fan favorite for captaincy even outside this forum. And that probably has to do with this positive public persona he has forged off the pitch. Staying away from controversy, conducting respectfully for the most part, good rapport with current and former barca players, promotes and encourages canteranos and new players, stands in solidarity with his peers, rated highly by former gk legends like chilavert, casillas etc, always acknowledges travelling barca fans and speaks up after every humiliation unlike the actual captains and 'trolls' madrid media. In short, he's become this quintessential modern day Barca player who always conducts and speaks right when it matters.

Personally, I think he checks a lot of boxes but falls short on the most important one.

There where many in here hailing him as the best keeper in the world or top 3, heck he is hardly in the top 20 keeper specially in
Pressure matches we should really drop him cause he is mentaly so damn week. me and few
In here been saying this for ages and then we got eating alive for saying that, now its becomin more clear to every one.

Name top 20 keepers who are better than him. I'm genuinely curious.

vegitot

There where many in here hailing him as the best keeper in the world or top 3, heck he is hardly in the top 20 keeper specially in
Pressure matches we should really drop him cause he is mentaly so damn week. me and few
In here been saying this for ages and then we got eating alive for saying that, now its becomin more clear to every one.

20 keepers over MAts??? Crazy.

raedkuwait

20 keepers over MAts??? Crazy.

Ill take any top club keeper over him in pressure
Games, in pressure games he is just a boy and crumble
Where you feel any shot at him is a goal. And
Never have a monster game in pressure game. Ill take
A kameni like keeper over him in pressure game.

Last edited:

Porque

Stegen contract up in 2022. If he were to leave, who would be a valid replacement?

Is Onana ready for the prime time?

Qqqq

There was NEVER EVER a debate.

It was a few Barca/MAtS fanboys rallying for him because he became the starting keeper for Barca.

The rest of football world (Germans included) all know that Neuer is light years ahead of Mediocre MAtS

Donald, is it really you?

Last edited:

kattanib

There was NEVER EVER a debate.

It was a few Barca/MAtS fanboys rallying for him because he became the starting keeper for Barca.

The rest of football world (Germans included) all know that Neuer is light years ahead of Mediocre MAtS

Who cares who is better? All I know is that Matts is an awesome keeper for Barca and we are extremely lucky to have him

kattanib

The worst part about this is that we will have to endure this Mediocre MAtS and Sergi Roberto clown show for another 5 years at least.

At least with Busi, Pique, Alba will be gone soon.

The Mediocre MAtS nightmare goes on. Sad days for this club.

You want to see a real clown? Hold a mirror sir

Devils

He'll improve without amigos.

He will concede only 7.

Doubt it. He manages to outdo himself every year.

4 conceded against PSG
3 conceded against Juve
4 conceded against Roma (after being being 4-1 up)
4 conceded vs Liverpool (after being 3-0 up)
8 conceded against Bayern

This horrendous player just keeps outdoing himself every single year. Who knows how he will manage to further embarrass himself this season

Again so that the people who defend his clown can absorb it into their minds:

4 conceded against PSG
3 conceded against Juve

Already one of the worst goalkeepers in Barca's European history based off the numbers alone.

The numbers don't lie.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

I never understand when you're joking and when half serious, Devils (doubt you'e ever serious). His numbers are bad, but the display of our entire team were horrible in those matches. Many great goalkeepers were humiliated playing in teams that couldn't defend.
That said, yes, TerStevem doesn't give me vibes of charisma and heroic spirit (his facial expression is deceitful). He is too much of a goody two shoes. A schoolboy goalie like BBZ would say. :lol:

raedkuwait

Doubt it. He manages to outdo himself every year.

4 conceded against PSG
3 conceded against Juve

This horrendous player just keeps outdoing himself every single year. Who knows how he will manage to further embarrass himself this season

Again so that the people who defend his clown can absorb it into their minds:

4 conceded against PSG
3 conceded against Juve

Already one of the worst goalkeepers in Barca's European history based off the numbers alone.

The numbers don't lie.
Trust me even if he conceds 10 goals his
Fans will still say its not his fault.
Any and i mean any team that has won the Cl
The last 4 or 5 years would have never Won
It if they had this clown as there keeper.

Barcilliant

He must be psychologically destroyed already. I think he fakes being confident. Neuer actually is confident. Huge difference between the two.

Home of Barca Fans