Mateo Kovačić

RIZALDINHO

he is a good player but real are not going to sell him to us and also his release clause is 300m euros so we should focus on signing someone

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think anyone claimed he was a top player. Still better than any midfielder England has so I reckon he could be god in epl

JamDav1982

Don't think anyone claimed he was a top player. Still better than any midfielder England has so I reckon he could be god in epl

Dont think he would be anything more than a decent level player there for a second tier club like Spurs but even then not sure would get in their line up.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wager he'd play comfortably in any team except City. Plenty of average La Liga midfielders ended up looking class in epl.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I like Kovacic and I was sad when he left Inter, but I said it back then he's not going to be a big loss. He's talented, but not consistent. I yet to find his best position. He could be great one day, but nowhere to be found another day. If Inter wants him back, I'm ok with it but wont pay anything above 30m for him. If Barca wants another so so squad player then go for it, but I wont sign him for Barca.

El Gato

Villarato!
Not consistent? Maybe 4 years ago for Inter.
He's consistently been average/good on an individual level. Not a single game where he's gone below par of his mates. And that's what would be a fair observation - he adjusts to his team's performance, that is - when his team's undeperforming, he will not stand out as being more positive, nor is he expected to, but when they're good and in control, he regularly overperforms. For a long while he had that record going of Madrid being undefeated with him in the starting lineup that went beyond the Sevilla game in January 2017. Superb vs PSG at Parc de Princes.

It's like people forgot that this past season is completely irrepresentative of any Madrid bench player's skill. CKMI-RB played something like 80% of the fixtures whenever all were available. Zidane's non-rotation approach in effort to overturn poor autumn killed the minutes of many substitutes including Kovacić, which is why he feels like he should leave and I agree. No guarantee Lopetegui will be willing to drop Casemiro for him or tweak the system in attempt to integrate him. He'd be excellent at Juventus or Chelsea (given he adjusts to the physical style). Twice the amount of transition talent than the likes of Khedira or Bakayoko.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Not consistent? Maybe 4 years ago for Inter.
He's consistently been average/good on an individual level. Not a single game where he's gone below par of his mates. And that's what would be a fair observation - he adjusts to his team's performance, that is - when his team's undeperforming, he will not stand out as being more positive, nor is he expected to, but when they're good and in control, he regularly overperforms. For a long while he had that record going of Madrid being undefeated with him in the starting lineup that went beyond the Sevilla game in January 2017. Superb vs PSG at Parc de Princes.

It's like people forgot that this past season is completely irrepresentative of any Madrid bench player's skill. CKMI-RB played something like 80% of the fixtures whenever all were available. Zidane's non-rotation approach in effort to overturn poor autumn killed the minutes of many substitutes including Kovacić, which is why he feels like he should leave and I agree. No guarantee Lopetegui will be willing to drop Casemiro for him or tweak the system in attempt to integrate him. He'd be excellent at Juventus or Chelsea (given he adjusts to the physical style). Twice the amount of transition talent than the likes of Khedira or Bakayoko.

Is " consistently being average" actually a compliment or what? :thinking:

El Gato

Villarato!
Depends on what you're averaging doesn't it.

But nevertheless, a class player who would get into at least a few top sides if given opportunity.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans