If you HAD to sell one player from the current roster, who would it be?

If forced, who would you sell from this list?

• Total voters

Galning

Nah, out of those options, probably Puyol. We coped without him last season and need to look at life without him any way

mltqmq.gif

E

estranged

12 out of the 12 options in this poll should not be there. This thread is full of facepalm worthy material. Sell pique? cesc? wtf.

XaviMessiGirl

If anything, how hard a decision this would be just makes you realize how damn important all of our players are. Eventually we'll have to deal with a club without Puyol, and shortly after that a club without Xavi. I'm sure there are some members here (myself included) who have never seen a Barcelona side without these two players on the roster. Yes there will always be replacements but none are guaranteed to make as much of an impact as those two players have. Same with Iniesta and Messi although they still have quite a few years left.

E

estranged

A Barca without Puyol or Xavi I can imagine, but I can not imagine a Barca without Messi. Puyol and Xavi are amazing but they can be replaced, but players like Messi come about once every blue moon. Xavi and Puyol were not the players they are now 5/6 years ago, they improved gradually and naturally so will their replacements (Thiago, cesc etc.) but Messi, he's a born genius, so much of our success can single handedly be attributed to him, I don't look forward to the years where we will see him decline.

impeh

Hi, its me..
puyol :(
simply because he hasnt played properly in months and at 33? he's not gonna be in the first team much longer.

dalitis8

Banned
I hope that I am proved wrong, but I would sell Villa, because I much fear than he is in decline, and we could still get very good money for him.

Abidal and Puyol may also be on the decline, but they would not fetch good money, but if we had a really good LB (like Coentrao) then I would not mind selling Abidal.

Puyol is a team legend. He cannot be sold.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I haven't found Pique impressive for a while now, but i guess he's young, I'd go with Villa because of his age and replace him with Rossi :D

I don't think he is in decline Dalitis i'm pretty sure he just had his best season last year in terms of stats no?

thezone

Villa

we need defensive players and on the offensive side we are more than covered. Iniesta, Xavi, Cesc on the midfield? Cesc was not necessary for us but it will be interesting to see if he will be a better option than Xavi in many games. Nice to add depth to the lines.

dalitis8

Banned
I haven't found Pique impressive for a while now, but i guess he's young, I'd go with Villa because of his age and replace him with Rossi :D

I don't think he is in decline Dalitis i'm pretty sure he just had his best season last year in terms of stats no?

David Villa had 2 seasons with Sporting Gijon in the Segunda, scoring 38 in 80 appeareances.

Then in 2003/04, scored 17 goals with newly promoted Real Zaragoza, a team that finished 12th.
In 2004/05, scored 15 goals with Real Zaragoza, finishing 12th again.
In 2005/06, scored 25 goals with Valencia, finishing 3rd. (1 point behind Madrid)
In 2006/07, scored 16 goals with Valencia, finishing 4th.
In 2007/08, scored 18 goals with Valencia, finishing 10th.
In 2008/09, scored 28 goals with Valencia, finishing 6th
In 2009/10, scored 21 goals with Valencia, finishing 3rd.
In 20010/11, scored 18 goals with Barcelona, finishing 1st. (having taken 0 penalties in the league, he had taken one in the CL. He used to take lots of penalties for Valencia I guess, and we also played him out of position, so to be fair, the man may not be in such a great decline after all, but I was worried by his perfmrmances with Spain recently as well as his many lost chances)

Home of Barca Fans