Hector Bellerin

Yannik

You were hip on him a year ago though Yannik. Called him a pretty solid fullback.

I did that? That would actually surprise me. Can't remember ever being that keen on him.
Possible that I called him a pretty solid right back at a time where he played a row of games in which he was very solid but overall he doesn't look as special as Arsenal fans make it sound like.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I did that? That would actually surprise me. Can't remember ever being that keen on him.
Possible that I called him a pretty solid right back at a time where he played a row of games in which he was very solid but overall he doesn't look as special as Arsenal fans make it sound like.

I think Arsenal itself is just a bad club for those players. Going nowhere under Wenger. Not progressing as players or as a team.

xXKonan

All I can say is meh.

I just hope he really isn't our main target and this is just mostly a smoke screen.

Nucky

All I can say is meh.

I just hope he really isn't our main target and this is just mostly a smoke screen.

Though I wouldn't mind him. He is a class RB and just what we need. He would be perfect replacment for Alves. And Roberto can be put back in midfield.

JamDav1982

Though I wouldn't mind him. He is a class RB and just what we need. He would be perfect replacment for Alves. And Roberto can be put back in midfield.

He hasnt been good this season. Not even one of best in the league.

Kyle Walker is the best right back in England by far.

Seamus Coleman, Antonio Valencia and even Victor Moses in virtually a wing back role have all been better.

Bellerin has unreal pace can be poor defensively and decent going forward. Spending big on him would be a gamble and not worth it for what he has shown so far.

If he was not a Barca youth player he wouldnt be getting linked.

F

FlaFCB

Seamus Coleman, Antonio Valencia and even Victor Moses in virtually a wing back role have all been better.

Bellerin has unreal pace can be poor defensively and decent going forward. Spending big on him would be a gamble and not worth it for what he has shown so far.

Yeah. I hope Robert gives up on him. He'd be too expensive and not that good.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

and to top it off Aleix is miles better offensively if that's our only criteria of judging

CuleLife4Life

I think the Catalan/Barcelona connection is clouding some people's judgment in here. He is the definition of average. Showed some glimpses of promise last season but never has he been class or even very good. No way would he be Alves's heir at this current moment. It'd be dumb of the board to spend big money on him right now so I expect them to go for him this summer instead of a certified class RB like Fabinho( who is also a class DM).

He is only 21 though and can possibly improve in the upcoming seasons but this isn't the club for him right now. I'd be open to go back for him in a few years if he becomes much better.

God Serena

I think the Catalan/Barcelona connection is clouding some people's judgment in here. He is the definition of average. Showed some glimpses of promise last season but never has he been class or even very good. No way would he be Alves's heir at this current moment. It'd be dumb of the board to spend big money on him right now so I expect them to go for him this summer instead of a certified class RB like Fabinho( who is also a class DM).

He is only 21 though and can possibly improve in the upcoming seasons but this isn't the club for him right now. I'd be open to go back for him in a few years if he becomes much better.

We will never have an heir to Alves just as we won't Xavi or Iniesta or Puyol or Messi. The sooner people start to recognize this the better.

xXKonan

If we pay the money for him it's a long term project.

but besides his defensive problems, does anyone else like feel he lacks something with the ball at his feet? I feel like he has the tools to be a great EPL RB with his pace and once he gets older he will improve defensively.

But for someone like us I feel like he might lack the technique and other technical aspects we need out of a RB in order to be really effective here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If we pay the money for him it's a long term project.

but besides his defensive problems, does anyone else like feel he lacks something with the ball at his feet? I feel like he has the tools to be a great EPL RB with his pace and once he gets older he will improve defensively.

But for someone like us I feel like he might lack the technique and other technical aspects we need out of a RB in order to be really effective here.

Don't think he lack the technique, but he certainly hasn't polished his passing skills or trained them too much, which is probably because of Arsenal and how he has been told to play there since he left us.

If we're desperate to sign Bellerin and do indeed try to sign him this summer, then I do actually hope we succeed now instead of chasing him for several years like we did with Cesc. He's 21 and the quicker he gets here, the bigger the chances are he'll succeed here.

It's easier to teach a young player a new position or polish his skills, or help him regain the ones he's forgotten rather than an older player whose played a certain way at the highest level for a long time. It will take him longer to adapt if he moves to Barcelona when he's 26 instead of when he's 21.

Last edited:

xXKonan

According to Miguel Rico, Robert won't be in London to watch Bellerin but instead he will be at the Miniestadi, watching Juvenil A vs Porto in the UEFA Youth League Quarter Finals.

Home of Barca Fans