What if Barca signs Cesc and keeps Thiago?

Linux-Freak

Keita has some traits important to coaches. He can come in on a lot of positions and play them well and most important he doesn't complain about a lack of playing time, does he?

P

PhilS

Big depth in midfield, like the Spanish national team. It's quite unpredictable how it will play out, but it is clearly bad news for Barca opponents. Look at how Man U was able to handle all their CB injuries last year, that is what big depth can give you. The big change will be the quality of team Barca will be able to field for lessor competitions like the Supercopa de Espana, World Club Championship, Copa Del Rey, the match with Porto.

Pep did great last year using Masch to rest Busquets. He should certainly be able to avoid overplaying Xavi and Iniesta next year, with or without Cesc.

Masch had no spot available at the start of last year, but the quality of his play got him plenty enough playing time. I don't know whether it will be Thiago or Cesc that will create his own spot next year. Keita will help the team even if his playing time goes down by half.

Superfly

Banned
Big depth in midfield, like the Spanish national team. It's quite unpredictable how it will play out, but it is clearly bad news for Barca opponents. Look at how Man U was able to handle all their CB injuries last year, that is what big depth can give you. The big change will be the quality of team Barca will be able to field for lessor competitions like the Supercopa de Espana, World Club Championship, Copa Del Rey, the match with Porto.

Exactly, some people against Cesc seem to forget that we have to take part in 6 (plus Joan Gamper?) competitions next season.

Our main midfield:

Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta

and we can rotate it every 1-2 games like this:

Fabregas - Mascherano - Thiago

Yugi

-------------Xavi
----Fabregas-----Iniesta

just how much god-like this would be lol, but ofc Busi is best DM in the world so no chance of him losing the spot

--------------Valdes----------
--Alves------Pique-----Puyi--
------------Busquets----------
Thiago--Xavi--Cesc--Iniesta
--------------Messi------------
----Pedro/Villa----------------

Iniesta could just run upfront, this would be tiki-taka at its best imho 3-5-2

Last edited:

MagIX

first, i am not so sure that we will sign cesc (too good to be true!).

second,... i dont find the right words. Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Busquets, Thiago:
by far the best midfielders in the world!! a dream! what's the problem? This is not a problem, if yes, i really love this problem !!!

the midfield has always been our engine (+ Messi).. and apart from injuries (let's hope not, but anyway a less important issue having these 5 players ), turnover, new schemes, versatility,... oh yes please, let me dream !!!

Home of Barca Fans