Antoine Griezmann

krakdol

As a French fan, I'd like Griezmann to go to Barcelona. He would be a very good fit with Messi and Dembele.

Then, a few years later, when Messi gets too old you add Mbappe and you have Dembele / Mbappe / Griezmann upfront.

That would be great for France team chemistry.

raki

I dont understand the hard-on for Griezmann...Our main need is a world class midfielder to replace Iniesta.

barcafan161

I dont understand the hard-on for Griezmann...Our main need is a world class midfielder to replace Iniesta.

Because we need another guy upfront who's younger. Suarez run is coming to an end

Midfielder will come as well. Not like it's only a striker we are after

ronniecro

i don't think we will sell suarez at the end of the season but buying 100m striker does raise the question what will happen. I doubt they can both be starters,you don't buying 100m player to be backup,and you can't just put your first choice striker with high wages on the bench over the night. Some serious formation changes would be required to play both suarez and griezmann with messi and dembele on the pitch too

lovebarca

i don't think we will sell suarez at the end of the season but buying 100m striker does raise the question what will happen. I doubt they can both be starters,you don't buying 100m player to be backup,and you can't just put your first choice striker with high wages on the bench over the night. Some serious formation changes would be required to play both suarez and griezmann with messi and dembele on the pitch too

exactly my thought too. we can accommodate Griezmann with Suarez there.

What we need is young striker who is lethal, speedy and good on ball & most importantly ready to come from bench. I know, players containing these qualities may not like to be benched but we need to find it like Manchester city did with Gabrial Jesus.

Zincubus

Banned
exactly my thought too. we can accommodate Griezmann with Suarez there.

What we need is young striker who is lethal, speedy and good on ball & most importantly ready to come from bench. I know, players containing these qualities may not like to be benched but we need to find it like Manchester city did with Gabrial Jesus.

Maybe Pedro as a super sub

aaron101

Why don't we try to offer Suarez at the end of the season to Liverpool for a swap with Coutinho and then we add cash? Maybe it would be better to cash in on Suarez after the season than wait until his market value gets lower and lower as he declines. I've been reading Red and White Kop forum for the past few months/years and majority of them wants Suarez back after his Barca stint.

khaled_a_d

The 4 players won't start, you can be sure of that.
Even when we signed Henry to add to Eto,Messi & R10 we didn't use 4 attackers, many thought we would move R10 to middle and use 4 players but didn't happen and Rijkaard was more attack minded than EV

George_Costanza

Like usual, buy players then play them out of position. It means we don't need Greaseman or he shouldn't be a priority unless we sell Suarez.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The 4 players won't start, you can be sure of that.
Even when we signed Henry to add to Eto,Messi & R10 we didn't use 4 attackers, many thought we would move R10 to middle and use 4 players but didn't happen and Rijkaard was more attack minded than EV

Griezmann-Suarez-Dembele
----------Messi
----Busquets---Rakitic

Looks ok on paper but there is concern re. our defensive shape.

Horatio

You're welcome
What about 4-3-1-2

Dembele on LM, Messi behind Griezmann and Suarez.

Oh my...we might be having a luxury problem of having too many good players if Coutinho and Griezmann arrive. Iniesta is still strong, Paulinho is useful, Rakitic is playing well again.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans