Thierry Henry

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
There's absolutely no difference, it was a wrong call, and the Irish were quite happy with it. Georgia were robbed. Ireland took advantage. Then vice versa. Keane said it "What goes around, comes around". If you had followed the games in our group, you would see that all calls went in Ireland's favour. I don't want to go back and count the wrong decisions in the Bulgaria game, but Ireland never convinced me they deserved that playoff final with France.
Here France are taking advantage and Ireland is robbed.

But the starting point is foul play (and blatantly confessed foul play) by France. With Georgia, it was the ref's call cause he thought he saw hand ball. With France, it was Henry's cheating that went unnoticed to the ref (wh oof course couldnt whistle it if he didn't see it). There is definitely difference on the part of the advantage taking party.

Where France in the recent game is as guilty as possible, Ireland didn't do anything wrong towards Georgia.

Guardian

Here France are taking advantage and Ireland is robbed.

But the starting point is foul play (and blatantly confessed foul play) by France. With Georgia, it was the ref's call cause he thought he saw hand ball. With France, it was Henry's cheating that went unnoticed to the ref (wh oof course couldnt whistle it if he didn't see it). There is definitely difference on the part of the advantage taking party.

Where France in the recent game is as guilty as possible, Ireland didn't do anything wrong towards Georgia.
Bollocks... Watch the video again and stop it at 0:07. Two Irish players pretended there was smth wrong and waved their hands BEFORE the whistle. The ref was misjudged by their reaction...it is exactly the same cheating. Also, France got one wrong call in their favour, Ireland got like 10 in that game. IFA acts like they are god blessed to cheat.

I've always pictured the Irish like tough, hard-working, with that never give up attitude, honest people, Roy Keane being an example. The Irish FA proved to be pussies, they refused to postpone the game with Georgia and played with them in Germany in front of Irish fans, never apologised about that penalty and now they are talking about honesty of the game, justice and so on. Roy Keane said it the best, the Irish fans and some of the players, the coach may deserve more than this, but the IFA deserves nothing.

I don't think many complained at such degree after Messi, Aguero, Raul or Nistelrooy handballs, who by the way scored in both La Liga and EPL after handballs. Cristina and Drogba dive every game to take some reward. Pepe kicks and punches small guys and act like pussy when faces tough ones. Sorry, but this game is for cheats and that wouldn't be changed unless FIFA and UEFA take some decisions. Even Roger Federer has called for video replays in football. Henry now feels like a criminal. Don't blame Henry, Raul, Messi, RVN and Aguero, blame the system. Bigger (or more correctly to say richer) countries/clubs always benefit from these calls, it's time to stop this. Bring the video calls/Hawk eye and the technology please. I don't trust fat men with whistles.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
In an interview published in the French newspaper L’Équipe, FC Barcelona Thierry Henry (32) confessed that he had thought about leaving the French national team and complained about the lack of support he is getting from the country’s Football Federation: “I felt alone during the first few days after the incident. On Friday, when everything (controversy) started going too far, I was very angry. I began asking myself the question (as to whether I should remain with the team). Of course I would not abandon the selection, but I feel a little let down“ the player said.

“Without the support of my family, I would have taken a different decision, but now, I have decided, I will fight to the end. Although (I will admit) what just happened is (something) very serious. It can be forgiven, but it can’t never be forgotten,” he said, adding, “Despite everything that made me feel me abandoned, I will not walk out on my country”.

Henry revealed that he had already considered leaving the selection twice before: “After the 2006 World cup I thought about it, but it was too soon. And again after Euro 2008, but (back then) it was not the best moment. There was a generation (of young footballers) who needed me,” he mentioned.

The striker said he once even risked his career with Barcelona just so he can play for France when he was injured: “I can never thanked the coach (Guardiola) and the fans enough for their support. I could not bend my knee (then), but I could not stay away from playing in the qualifiers for France”.

Henry said his handball in the match against Ireland was a “match affair” that was over-emphasized and criticised, without giving him the chance to explain himself. The player also said he went in front of the media to admit to his foul even though he could have left the stadium through “the back door” without saying a word.

Finally asked about the statement he made about wanting a replay, out the same day as FIFA’s decision not to have it, Henry said, “I was working on the matter with my lawyer without knowing that FIFA was going to give a ruling that same day”.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Damn right, especially with the injury situation of Messi and Ibra. That LW position needs to become a goal threat again.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Thierry just start scoring, you're going to the World Cup, the whole of Ireland hate you get over it and do your job for us.

gazza

All this adverse publicity will not affect Henry tonight.
Really looking forward to him turning it on against Inter.

V

Valon

Didn't score but played very well tonight causing big headaches for the Inter defence.

Home of Barca Fans