The need for Cesc.

Gizzauk

Hi all, this is my very first post on this site and i would just like to write a little article of my views for the need to have Cesc Fabregas return to the Camp Nou at any cost.

cesc-barcelona.jpg

In September 2003 at the age of 16, Francesc "Cesc" Fàbregas i Soler left the club to join English giants Arsenal, why did he leave? Many reports have claimed that he left because the club was in decline having not won after for 5 years ( Arsenal?), or because of Arsene Wenger wanting to turn this jewel into a diamond.

Roll onto the summer of 2010, and the need for Cesc Fabregas to return to his home, in fact Cesc first attended a game with his grandfather at a very young age, his willingness to return to the club almost came off when Joan Laporta set out to sign the jewel he let go back in 2003 before he took over the reigns at the Camp Nou, as the outgoing president was leaving negotiations where continuing with Arsenal but now taken over by Sandro Rossell the new president of FCB.

Rossell in my views didn’t sign him for two reasons, the poor accounts left to him by outgoing president Joan Laporta and the fact that Joan himself was trying to sign Cesc and leave the club, the man that brought back the diamond in the rough.

The fact that Barca is in a poor financial state to me has no bearings on the possibility of Cesc returning, we signed David Villa for a fee of €40, that shows that the club has the money to use, okay we sold players like Marquez,Henry and Dmytro Chygrynskiy to help fund the deal, but the club needs to look at the bigger picture here, Cesc Fabregas’s return will bring in a large revenue in shirt deals, and sponsorships, and we will have home one of our boys that’s been a club member from the age of 2, also the fact that he is a World Cup winner with most of the Barca first team, a project of La Masia and he has Barca in his blood and footballing DNA, a simply perfect fit.

Why do we need him? Very simple in my eyes, with the increasing tendonitis in Xavi Hernandez and the fact that Xavi is now 30 and is looking unlikely to play 2 games back to back for the rest of his playing days, Cesc is the long term replacement for Xavi.

Xavi has 3-4 years left at the top in him and I hope he continues at Barca beyond his playing days, with Cesc improving each season I really believe now is the time to step up and prove his top class at the very highest level possible.

We all no how great Xavi is with the ball at his feet and how he can pick a pass through the smallest gap in the oppositions defence, Cesc has these same quality’s installed in him, if you watch him playing for Arsenal a few things come to mind, the fact he wears the armband, Cesc is not a leader in such taking the team by the scruff of the neck like Puyol has, Cesc is the big fish in a sea of young talented kids, Arsenals in ability to win silver wear must be getting to him, while he watches he beloved Barca win everything in site.

Xavi and Cesc can form a dynamic team in the middle of the park with Sergio or Masch behind them, give them both the license to move forward together in tamdon. By having these together this give Andres Iniesta the chance to move into a more advance role which I feel best suits him, But what about Pedro? Or Afellay etc, well everyone has a place in the Barca squad.

When it comes time for Xavi to finally hang up the boots at the Camp Nou there’s no man more ready to fill those boots for the next 10 years, and having them playing together for the latter part of Xavi’s career will and can only be a huge benefit for Cesc still young himself.

Cesc moving to Barca is good for everyone at the club, best friends like Pique, Iniesta, Valdez etc. will all benefit from their friend joining.

In closing Cesc returning home needs to happen now and not later, why? Because the long term vision of the club needs him.

He’s Barca and always will be.

n_f_c_barcelona_los_jugadores-246082.jpg

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Too expensive, and we've got Thiago, and Afellay too. We should give them a chance first.

N

neanz

The dying need to get him back is no longer there in the eyes of the fans. The amount of young talented midfielders coming through our youth ranks is pretty amazing.

Gizzauk

Thanks for all your replies, i agree that these boys need a chance in the first team, but i really believe that there is room for them all, Thiago we all know will be in the first team next season and i think this is a great idea, but i believe Cesc is the long term replacement needed.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I just don't see him replacing Xavi, he's at his best at a much more direct role and a lot of his strengths are performed better by Messi or Iniesta, not to mention even younger prospects. He's just not worth getting at any price when he's a redundancy.

Gizzauk

The role he plays for Arsenal show us that be plays very much like Messi or Iniesta because Arsenal dont have a a playmaker apart from Nasri, I look at the youngsters like Thiago, Dos Santos, Romeu, and dont see them having the same quailitys as Xavi to be classed as the long term replacement, They are more of an Iniesta type, Cesc has all the ability to succeed.

I think we need to stop worring bout value, because we cant let this put us off the long term future of the club.

Jesse1509

I just don't see him replacing Xavi, he's at his best at a much more direct role and a lot of his strengths are performed better by Messi or Iniesta, not to mention even younger prospects. He's just not worth getting at any price when he's a redundancy.

This.

The role he plays for Arsenal show us that be plays very much like Messi or Iniesta because Arsenal dont have a a playmaker apart from Nasri, I look at the youngsters like Thiago, Dos Santos, Romeu, and dont see them having the same quailitys as Xavi to be classed as the long term replacement, They are more of an Iniesta type, Cesc has all the ability to succeed.

I think we need to stop worring bout value, because we cant let this put us off the long term future of the club.

Our debt is already high enough, and Xavi is still able to play for years to come. So why should we break the bank for a redundant player, like La Furia said?

Gizzauk

You need to look at the long term future of the club and not the right now, Xavi is 30 and has an inj that will only get worse with time, Cesc is a the stage where he has developed well into someone that can help now and in the long term future somthing that the young lads cant, Thiago etc are amazing talents and im excited to watch them grow like ive dont with Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Puyol and Valdes. We wont need to break the bank, yes the debts are high but they are controlled, how do u think we managed to buy the players like Deco,Guily Eto'o etc when we had more debt then? It comes down to what we do on the pitch to help off it.

The money we could make from a Classico Copa Del Ray final, winning La Liga, Champs League and the money coming from Zlatan can all help with the buying of Cesc.

Jesse1509

You need to look at the long term future of the club and not the right now, Xavi is 30 and has an inj that will only get worse with time, Cesc is a the stage where he has developed well into someone that can help now and in the long term future somthing that the young lads cant, Thiago etc are amazing talents and im excited to watch them grow like ive dont with Iniesta, Xavi, Messi, Puyol and Valdes. We wont need to break the bank, yes the debts are high but they are controlled, how do u think we managed to buy the players like Deco,Guily Eto'o etc when we had more debt then? It comes down to what we do on the pitch to help off it.

The money we could make from a Classico Copa Del Ray final, winning La Liga, Champs League and the money coming from Zlatan can all help with the buying of Cesc.

Well, I still don't see the need to buy Cesc...sure, he would add something to this team, but I think we should give our talents a chance to shine before we resort to spending again. If Xavi indeed turns out to be injured most of the time we can think of signing anyone, but we don't really NEED Cesc right now.

Also, I don't agree with your last part. That way of thinking is kinda Real-like, you know, taking excessive risks, and then saying: "But we'll earn it back in no time". Problem is, you can't just count on the fact we'll win any prize any season. Look were it got Real: their debt is sky high! It's just too risky, overspending on not-needed stars, that's what I'm trying to say.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
welcome to the forum

no funds too buy cesc and with platini's new rules coming in we cant go around using or money on positions which are filled and could potentially be filled by youth players who will cost us nothing and its not like ineista in the mid is crap...yes he does not dictate like xavi does but who is to say cesc can do that??? he had his shot with spain a couple games and looked pretty bad playing the xavi role.

Gizzauk

In no way is my views "Real" like ive not saif lets go to a bank and get lots of money out and spend spend spend, but as both barca and madird will get a huge ammount of money for the cup final via tv deals, and the fact that zlatan has been sold as part of the loan deal and hes huge wages will be off our books this all free's up money, its smart business managment, its thinking bout what u have and where u need to improve, but if we dont get cesc now i dont think he will ever leave or ever come. I think we agree on different things but the need for Barca to win should come above all else. I will agree to dissagree with u, but come june/july when hes holding up that Barca shirt ill have a nice smile on my face.

I can see everything you all say and i really am thankful for ur replies, i am understanding your views well, just see him as a future part of our club and i beleive that come the summer he will be with us.

Jesse1509

O yeah, I forgot, welcome to the forum. And indeed, the most important thing for Barça is being successful.

Gizzauk

Thank you, i like to write articles and have these convo's but the main thing is Barca and not our views.

Home of Barca Fans