Málaga

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
They could challenge but it's a big if...Not so much because there aren't resources available now for Malaga but if it's sustained...They said the same thing last season when the Desi Chicken King took over Racing - we've seen precious little change so far...Some rich barons turn the clubs into merely a club for turning a profit ala the Pozzo family - not really concerned with sporting success

malaga.jpg

I like the early signs for Malaga under Pellegrini who I like as a manager...They're quietly putting together a competitive side but will need to make wholesale changes from the top to the bottom - including the youth system...While Rosaleda is a nice facility, it is small in comparison to sporting clubs that turn profits from gate receipts

There's a lot of work to do for the Qataris but perhaps they've learned a little seeing how the Emirate group have progressed with Man City...Early signs are positive but I'm not sure how they'll be able to sustain it without a constant infusion of cash from the Qataris

They already were turning a corner under Pellegrini with Baptista, Caballero, Seba, Apoño, Rondon, Duda, Eliseu & Juanmi

Now, they've brought in Ruud, Jérémy Toulalan, Mathijsen, Nacho Monreal, Diego Buonanotte, Sergio Sánchez – and only recently Joaquín, who joins from Valencia....That's a very credible side now that can easily challenge for a CL spot

From a sporting perspective, the Sheik's right hand man, Abdullah Ghubn, told reporters earlier in the season that 'buying big-name stars would be contrary to Malaga's philosophy. We want to create our own stars from the youth system and make the fans identify with guys they've seen come through the ranks.'

And the owners do seem to have a good sporting sense, particularly when the club was teetering on relegation after the New Year...Ghubn flew in from Qatar to resist calls for Pellegrini's sacking...He told reporters: "We, the owners, are responsible -- not the coach or the players. If anyone should be blamed it is me. Technically and in personality, Pellegrini is a great coach and the right man for this club. We will keep him, we will stabilize the situation and we will try to convince the fans to be our most important player."

That's impressive, I have to say...Especially when you consider that they turned things around then and now have better reinforcements going ahead

Bergkamp10

Baptista :worthy:

Absolutely useless but I'll always have a soft spot for him, he was more the kitten than the beast though except for THAT night at Anfield. Looking forward to seeing him and Malaga this season.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Apparently Joaquín won over fans at Malaga presentation by telling a joke.

-Malaga play ChLg final and stadium is full. there's only one seat left, a man asks this woman if it's free.
-She says no, it's my husband's. Where is your husband? He's dead. Oh. how comes you don't bring some other family member to take seat?
-I would have, but they've all gone to the funeral.

:lol:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sid wrote a nice piece on Joaqin back in December, didn't realize he was back to joking again - good for him

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Sid wrote a nice piece on Joaqin back in December, didn't realize he was back to joking again - good for him

From that article...
Manuel Ruiz de Lopera, the Betis owner and president, played hard ball. He even sent Joaquín on loan to Albacete just to prove he could, and then he called him back within hours.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../16/joaquin.valencia/index.html#ixzz1QZxYWqWR

That is like the person who has balls!! . One needs to have that attitude when dealing with players who sign contract extension today and talk on about his dream of playing for another club. Not only football but in most aspects of life :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans