Luis Enrique

R

RationalMathematician

Season long stats do not reflect recent improvements well. We WERE defensively poor, but we've been getting better as more recent one-game stats will show.

Valid point. However I'm so frustrated that Barca were lax in defence towards the end of the Roma game when they were so dominant and could have easily racked up another clean sheet. With the missed penalty by Roma also taken into account this leaves an uncertain picture

Horatio

You're welcome
Valid point. However I'm so frustrated that Barca were lax in defence towards the end of the Roma game when they were so dominant and could have easily racked up another clean sheet. With the missed penalty by Roma also taken into account this leaves an uncertain picture

imo we have the attacking quality to force goals enough so that they will be higher than goals conceded. We don't need to the best defense out there.
A decent defense + possession + MSN should suffice.

I think the lax at the end is troubling somehwat, but also don't forget that we were playing with Batra/Verm where both the penalty and goal could fall on verm for a) being too flatfooted and b) not contesting the header. The penalty probably could have happened to any of our cbs but that header would have been dealt with by Pique.

J

Jamie Cal

Hate the 'poor defense' argument, same tripe was always spouted under Pep. I ask one question: if we're not good defensively, who is? The endless fuckwits that cite the gold-standard of defending to Chelsea and big JT drive me up the walls.

silvia

Our defense is not shaky yet, but they are aging quite fast, that is a risk factor. Problem will show up with fatigues stacked with more matches.
From January to end of February, the momentum will come. How to find the partner of Pique and replacement of Adriano. How to rotate, etc
Alves aging was a problem, but i think he has a positive effect on the team while his few years left...
When we bought Mathieu, we shouldn't have bought another aged (and injury prone=_= ) defender like Verm.

raki

You frustrate very easily...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
They were sloppy in the 2nd half but after the extreme pinnacle of performances in the last two matches, it has to be expected...No one can maintain that sort of level indefinitely and it wasn't as if it wasn't an overall impressive performance

They're really in a good moment with the CWC coming up, hope to see some rotations in the CDR & La Liga before they travel to Mestalla

BarcaOG

Banned
Really hoping we can keep this form up. Consistency is tough, for any team. But I believe that if anyone can do it, it is Lucho and our squad. Still, let us not be complacent about anything. Long way to go on all fronts.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Just few more days before my signature becomes true. Thank you Lucho for taking us back to the European summit.

i_bleed_blaugrana

When did you make the prediction? If beginning of the previous season I am impressed. If post-treble I am not.

It was pre-Anoeta iirc, making it that more impressive. To be honest though, pretty sure it was a joke sig to troll people on here who were berating him on here at the time. For instance I laughed the first time I saw it and if you were a betting man, back then, with the results we were getting and his runaround with Messi and the media over the acrimonious training game no-call, the odds of him winning this woulda been 75:1

He proved everyone wrong in 5 months, and then proved it's no fluke with the monster he has unleashed this season. And this is BEFORE the Calvary in January. This team will be unreal with Arda. Ini-Busi-Arda behind this forward line right now, scary.

He was just what this club needed.

Home of Barca Fans