Luis Enrique

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pep never did that for every la masia player though. If anything that was the exception and Busquets was a unique player - although club didnt realise it before Pep arrived.

When Pep needed a new CF he got Ibra then Villa, when he needed a new CB he bought Chyg all when there were La Masia players who could have got that chance.

Not that Pep was wrong just think there is a romantic idea of chances young players used to get.

I give you Chygrynskyi...... But which promising striker did we have then!?

xXKonan

At that time and in terms of pure CF? the only one I could think of are Soriano? but he didn't come through La Masia though.

We seemed to be better at producing Wingers than CF's. the only two CF's I thought looked solid from La Masia that were with the B team recently (last couple of years) were Sandro and Munir, there was Dongou, but he wasn't anywhere near as good as those two were.

In non La Masia CF's we brought in for the B team recently Marc Cardona and Dani Romera, have done wonders for the team. but doing well for the B team doesn't always carry over to the first team. but I would at least like to see Cardona get more chances with the first team.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

At one point in time we rejected signing prime XABI ALONSO to give chances to La Masia. Now we would rather destroy ourselves with our failed expensive signings than play youngsters.

You can take stats from all the failures of this season, but to me, nothing drives home the point more than these few words on how much of our identity we've lost under Lucho.

That was Busquets.
Today we have no one.

Also, Barca didn't lose identity since we worked like this always.

Also, now in hindsight it looks bad.
But people were quite enthusiastic about Denis in the last spring.

If we don't count young Alena, our only La masia chance was Samper this season.
And he is the most scared footballer ever.

khaled_a_d

Xabi Alonso said this in an interview today. I thought his comments were very interesting (and depressing) in regards to the contrast to what we are today under Lucho compared to what were under a coach who understood the philosophy of our club.

At one point in time we rejected signing prime XABI ALONSO to give chances to La Masia. Now we would rather destroy ourselves with our failed expensive signings than play youngsters.

You can take stats from all the failures of this season, but to me, nothing drives home the point more than these few words on how much of our identity we've lost under Lucho.

We also had prime Yaya too.
And Busquets was Pep favorite player in B team. And he is an exceptional talent.
Lucho didn't came directly from B team nor he he had exceptional talent to work with from La Masia.
He tried his luck with Munir & Sandro and they were underwhelming to say at least. He gave chances to many young players like Rafinha and S.Roberto.

Pep has yet to prove he is able to actually promote young players in other clubs too when there was no Thiago,Busquets or Pedro in the youth ranks

Bojan?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
At that time and in terms of pure CF? the only one I could think of are Soriano? but he didn't come through La Masia though.

We seemed to be better at producing Wingers than CF's. the only two CF's I thought looked solid from La Masia that were with the B team recently (last couple of years) were Sandro and Munir, there was Dongou, but he wasn't anywhere near as good as those two were.

In non La Masia CF's we brought in for the B team recently Marc Cardona and Dani Romera, have done wonders for the team. but doing well for the B team doesn't always carry over to the first team. but I would at least like to see Cardona get more chances with the first team.

Yeah. So cannot blame Pep for choosing Ibra/Villa over B-team strikers!

He is answerable for signing Ibra and not using him to his strengths yeah, or choosing to sign him when he had no intentions of changing his playing style, but not for choosing him over supposed promising strikers in the B-team

khaled_a_d

Also, now in hindsight it looks bad.
But people were quite enthusiastic about Denis in the last spring.

If we don't count young Alena, our only La masia chance was Samper this season.
And he is the most scared footballer ever.

People have been enthusiastic about Munir & Sandro and calling them the future,then it was Denis and how stupid we were not to have Denis in the team already,now it is Samper.
I hope he proves me wrong,but I am not expecting him to be an impact player next season and people will be critical too although after Gomes the bar might be low now :lol:

khaled_a_d

One could easily argue that Alena is in the same spot as Busquets was, except with Alena everyone on the planet can tell he's special.

Alena is more like Thiago in 09/10 season (same age and talent level and both weren't with 1st team coach during his time with Barca B),where he had played only 1 game. And you could argue Thiago was even bigger talent than Alena.

Pep has never promoted player who is younger than 20 ,Busquets was 20,Pedro was 22,Thiago was 20,so is Tello & Cuenca(though neither was officially promoted with him) and all was far experienced than 18 years old Alena who were playing 1st official season with Barca B.

Last edited:

Devils

I understand where you guys are coming from with Busquets being an exceptional talent breaking into an already exceptional midfield. But it's not the same scenario at all.

We didn't need unique once in a lifetime players to help our team this season. We're not a stacked Barcelona team like in the Pep era this season, we're a very average side minus having the best attack in Europe. The bar has been set so low in our RB, CB ( reference Mathieu who frequently plays) and midfield positions that it's hard to believe anything else available could have been worse than what we had.

Three of the highest rated players from our B team just so happen to be a RB, CB and CM as well.

So why didn't Lucho even contemplate giving them a shot? It's inexcusable.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Yeah. So cannot blame Pep for choosing Ibra/Villa over B-team strikers!

He is answerable for signing Ibra and not using him to his strengths yeah, or choosing to sign him when he had no intentions of changing his playing style, but not for choosing him over supposed promising strikers in the B-team

Which is the point. Pep would buy players if no exceptional talent and even then the exceptional players were not getting many chances before the age likes of Alena is now.

JamDav1982

I understand where you guys are coming from with Busquets being an exceptional talent breaking into an already exceptional midfield. But it's not the same scenario at all.

We didn't need unique once in a lifetime players to help our team this season. We're not a stacked Barcelona team like in the Pep era this season, we're a very average side minus having the best attack in Europe. The bar has been set so low in our RB, CB ( reference Mathieu who frequently plays) and midfield positions that it's hard to believe anything else available could have been worse than what we had.

Three of the highest rated players from our B team just so happen to be a RB, CB and CM as well.

So why didn't Lucho even contemplate giving them a shot? It's inexcusable.

Pep chose to play Adriano, Busquets, Toure at CB rather than call up players that were doing well in the B team at a higher standard than now. He then went out and payed big money for CB before converting a DM in Masch.

In areas where Pep did not think there was the talent ready he did not back La Masia as much as people make out.

For the weak areas now compare it to the weaker area of Peps reign in defence and can see how he acted.

blaugrana1987

While leaving a free lane for rm to reign...
Absolutely disgusting. A farce...How could someone spend so, so much money on such a bad bad players. Would rather have Moyes picking our transfers. Fucking Real spent few mil on Asensio, we spent what, 18m on Mathieu?

Jesus this guy...

Home of Barca Fans