Luis Enrique

JamDav1982

In training they were playing 5v5 and Lucho was reffing. Apparently Lucho made a call that Messi disagreed, cus Messi wants to win even in training games, they started arguing and apparently Lucho pulled the "I'm the coach" card on Messi.

Thats a power battle that only has one winner.

Either way its not good. As bad as Lucho has been Messi cannot have the attitude he is bigger than the manager.

Imagine if that story had Ancelotti and Ronaldo names in place of Messi and Lucho. People would be ripping Ronaldo to shreds.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I didn't agree with leaving Messi and Neymar on the bench at all, but the goal was pretty stupid and we did dominate the game. Unfortunately, I don't think that's enough for Lucho at this point, we probably could have done the same at the start of the season. We need to start improving, and fast.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Not as dramatic as I made it sound to be :lol:

:lol: same thing. Lucho's arrogance and lack of self awareness is becoming an issue. You need to be self critical and self aware as a coach in order to grow and improve at it. No wonder we keep seeing no changes and no adjustments and the team keeps on playing aimlessly and without ideas.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Thats a power battle that only has one winner.

Either way its not good. As bad as Lucho has been Messi cannot have the attitude he is bigger than the manager.

Imagine if that story had Ancelotti and Ronaldo names in place of Messi and Lucho. People would be ripping Ronaldo to shreds.

Lol way to infer more than was implied.

JamDav1982

Lol way to infer more than was implied.

It was implied that Lucho had to put Messi in his place and remind him who is coach. Possibly dropping him for the argument.

Again..swap Ronaldo and Ancelotti into that and Ronaldo would be getting ripped into.

Its not good if true.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
It was implied that Lucho had to put Messi in his place and remind him who is coach. Possibly dropping him for the argument.

Again..swap Ronaldo and Ancelotti into that and Ronaldo would be getting ripped into.

Its not good if true.

None of that was implied, you assumed all of it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Every bit of it was implied.

What bit did i make up?

From an argument borne out of competitive drive and an alleged poor response by Lucho, you assumed Messi is challenging Lucho's authority, thinking himself bigger than a manager, forcing Lucho to "put Messi in his place" and finally benching him as a result of all this.

Forgive me, but all those are fabricated assumptions by you. None of that was implied.

JamDav1982

From an argument borne out of competitive drive and an alleged poor response by Lucho, you assumed Messi is challenging Lucho's authority, thinking himself bigger than a manager, forcing Lucho to "put Messi in his place" and finally benching him as a result of all this.

Forgive me, but all those are fabricated assumptions by you. None of that was implied.

The article says that the two of them got into a heated argument and Lucho had to remind him he was the coach.

If true that is completely challenging the managers authority and believing you can get into a heated argument with the manager is not good. Messi or not.

No way would you take the same stance if this story was about Ronaldo.

JamDav1982

The article says that the two of them got into a heated argument and Lucho had to remind him he was the coach.

If true that is completely challenging the managers authority and believing you can get into a heated argument with the manager is not good. Messi or not.

No way would you take the same stance if this story was about Ronaldo.

Love the way this story is twisted as Messi doing nothing wrong other than 'wanting to win'. Such bullshit.

Home of Barca Fans