3 - Gerard Pique

Truthist

you guys are so cutthroat with our players
bad form for a bit = people want players sold

this guy has been loyal to us, probably the most loyal player currently
on a good day hes the best cb in the world

He's never the best CB in the world, even at his best.

Windhook

Oh well, here I go again down memory lane.

The best version of Pique was that young dude from early 2009 right until Shakira appeared in the picture. From then on Pique gradually went back (I wouldn't say declined) to the common level of great defenders. He is still fantastic, but I really miss the LEGEND this man was during 2009-2011 period. Besides the defensive awareness most of the folks here will remember Pique moving (I'd say "jump") straight from CB to CF position, not because Barca were one goal down in the result, but simply to fuck with the opposition. It was crazy, hilarious and at times brilliant tactic. The comparisons with Franz Beckenbauer (the Piquenbauer) were probably spot on, I can't tell, I've never seen the German legend play.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His form is bad indeed but he deserves more from the fans. We can't throw our legends under the bus like that.

Can't imagine how reactions on players would look in 2000-2005 when we truly had it tough.

FCBfan22

We need to bench him for a few games and somehow motivate him. If that means that we hire a motivator to have some 1 on 1 talks with Pique, just do it, because in his current form he will be targeted constantly by the opponents. Especially when Semedo isn't playing.

Truthist

Shut the fuck up already, he was easily at least top 3 CB in the world, some fans dont deserve players like this, a run of bad games and they are suddenly trashing on them.

A player that needs protecting whenever we play against pacey attackers is not top 3 in my eyes. The guy is embarrassingly bad bad in that department and even though he is good in the air, top tier CB's are complete or at least don't have such glaring weaknesses. I'm sorry you are butthurt by the truth.

clemente

Just watched that PSG Bayern game and honestly we get mauled by both of these teams, it makes me laugh just thinking about how it would look when Neymar Mbappe Cavani ar running towards Pique... Hope Valverde is man enough and benches him until he works his way back into the team.

FinBarcelonafan

Just watched that PSG Bayern game and honestly we get mauled by both of these teams, it makes me laugh just thinking about how it would look when Neymar Mbappe Cavani ar running towards Pique... Hope Valverde is man enough and benches him until he works his way back into the team.

That's terrifying idea. PSG trio would kill Pique. Semedo and Umtiti would be fine, though. They are fast.

Home of Barca Fans