Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Wesley Sneijder

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • other

Votes: 14 22.6%

• Total voters

nebeer

Love is All
Puyol said that though Sniejder and Xavi are hard contenders, Messi is his favorite to win the WPOTY. He says, for a year, Messi has been the best player on the planet.

dalitis8

Banned
Messi = 7 Sneiders

Stupid question really...would any team in the world prefer Wesley instead of Leo?

This is another reason why I want Spain to beat the Dutch...since the stupidity of the masses as well as of the press knows no bounds...

Ataraxia

David Villa if Spain wins ( especially if he scores the winner) I mean he's the only one in Spain who looks like he can score anything.. But Sneijder might just get it if Netherlands win. Messi is good and deserves it but only a league title won't get him much knowing how things work.

C

Cesc tastic

This always goes to the guy who wins the most (thats why Henry never won it at Arsenal) so I think Sneijder will get it because of the Champions league even if they loose to spain

Although in real terms Messi is the better player

dalitis8

Banned
The World Cup counts more than the CL,if the Netherlands lose to Spain,then a Spaniard will win the prize....but that is all rubbish really...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
messi will make it up in the 1st half of the season!

^^
Messi will score 50 goals in the first half of the season just to make sure he edges out Sneijder to win the award :D

This always goes to the guy who wins the most (thats why Henry never won it at Arsenal) so I think Sneijder will get it because of the Champions league even if they loose to spain

Although in real terms Messi is the better player

That, my friend, is the post of the day... you should probably also add 'that's why Cesc never wins an award' :D

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh I'm hoping one of Xaviesta or Messi wins it. If Holland had won the final it was a dead cert of Sneijder, but given their loss, the manner of it, plus the fact Sneijder's tournament was slightly exaggerated given his falsely inflated goals tally, I could see him missing out tbh. It's going to be one of the toughest to call in years IMO.

AzaR

Went for Leo.

53 games played and 47 goals and 14 assists
European golden boot
Top goalscorer in champions league

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
it should go to forlan, had 28 goals in all competitions this year for pathletico, led them to the UEFA cup in which he scored both goals and the ot winner for them, almost led uruguay to the world cup title in losing in the semis, tied for golden boot in the world cup and golden ball winner. also almost won the copa del ray.

Home of Barca Fans