Votes: 46 80.7%
  • Ballotelli

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Party Pato)

Votes: 4 7.0%

• Total voters

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
i was talking to a guy who i work with about whos going to be the Best Striker in the World in 3 or 4 years, i said Bojan, he said Ballotelli...

what you guys think?

Abaddon

King of the Bottomless Pit
Where's the poll?

Should be Balotelli if he can get his head out of his arse, Bojan's overrated anyway. Not that I expect anyone on this board to not say Bojan.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Where's the poll?

Should be Balotelli if he can get his head out of his arse, Bojan's overrated anyway. Not that I expect anyone on this board to not say Bojan.

The poll should be there its up on mine, but if you flip it, we would expect you to say that as your Madrista, it works both ways

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Still remains to be seen whether Balotelli will completely implode or not let alone be a world class striker...He's got more than a couple of screws loose

Aasim

Bumbleman
Wardo!!! love you man.

Bojan is not overrated though. I think we expected a lot of him.

Balotelli and Pato are better players right now but there is nothing to say that Bojan wont be a great goal scorer when he's older.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Where's the poll?

Bojan overrated? What kind of overrated player scores 10 goals in 14 games started in his debut season as a 17-year old? A Madridista talking about an overrated player? Try Raul or Guti next time...

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I was going to say something along the lines of Bojan breaking Raul's record of most debut goals scored, but I got mixed up...but I think we all agree Real Madrid is a team of overrated wankers

beef-supreme

If you said Pato, there would be an argument here, but at the moment it's looking very unlikely for Balotelli. Bojan has the mental and attitude attributes that can take him a long way, Balotelli completely lacks these. He always has, and possibly always will. In terms of raw skill they are pretty equal (Balotelli and Bojan), but Balotelli is much stronger. However, mentally Bojan is much stronger and mental strength will take him much further than Balotelli's physical strength.
It's not just about taking his head out of his ass - Balotelli will always whine and look for the money rather than the playing time. He will always blast out at referees, teammates, fans if any small thing goes wrong. He does not have the mental strength and persistence to become world class.
Bojan however does, and while he may lack presence on the pitch, I see him as being a late bloomer. Bojan will become world class in 6, maybe 8 years' time. That's because he needs to gain experience and presence, strength on the pitch and a better touch so he isn't forced into physical confrontations. Balotelli doesn't need to worry about physical confrontations, but he can enjoy mediocrity at a mid-table Serie A club or warming the bench for a high-paying team.

Pato on the other hand has a major headstart over Bojan, as he is integral to AC Milan's starting 11. He is exposed to high pressure circumstances and has adapted really well. While the age difference on paper is negligible, if you watch them play there seems to be a large age difference indeed. That's mainly because Pato plays a very different role at his club.

So overall i would say that at this moment, Pato > Bojan.
In terms of raw talent Pato = Bojan
And Bojan will bloom late and Pato early.

As for Balotelli - well to me he's not gonna make it in the long term.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
If you said Pato, there would be an argument here, but at the moment it's looking very unlikely for Balotelli. Bojan has the mental and attitude attributes that can take him a long way, Balotelli completely lacks these. He always has, and possibly always will. In terms of raw skill they are pretty equal (Balotelli and Bojan), but Balotelli is much stronger. However, mentally Bojan is much stronger and mental strength will take him much further than Balotelli's physical strength.
It's not just about taking his head out of his ass - Balotelli will always whine and look for the money rather than the playing time. He will always blast out at referees, teammates, fans if any small thing goes wrong. He does not have the mental strength and persistence to become world class.
Bojan however does, and while he may lack presence on the pitch, I see him as being a late bloomer. Bojan will become world class in 6, maybe 8 years' time. That's because he needs to gain experience and presence, strength on the pitch and a better touch so he isn't forced into physical confrontations. Balotelli doesn't need to worry about physical confrontations, but he can enjoy mediocrity at a mid-table Serie A club or warming the bench for a high-paying team.

Pato on the other hand has a major headstart over Bojan, as he is integral to AC Milan's starting 11. He is exposed to high pressure circumstances and has adapted really well. While the age difference on paper is negligible, if you watch them play there seems to be a large age difference indeed. That's mainly because Pato plays a very different role at his club.

So overall i would say that at this moment, Pato > Bojan.
In terms of raw talent Pato = Bojan
And Bojan will bloom late and Pato early.

As for Balotelli - well to me he's not gonna make it in the long term.

Pato is there beefy, in the other, Patos weak mentally, his marriage failed due to his partying apparently.....
but in terms of atm, pato takes it Hands down, but it seems Bojan is easily the strongest mentally of the three

beef-supreme

Pato is there beefy, in the other, Patos weak mentally, his marriage failed due to his partying apparently.....
but in terms of atm, pato takes it Hands down, but it seems Bojan is easily the strongest mentally of the three

Yup I saw that, it was more a response to this
But yeah, well ok his marriage failed due to his partying - i think we should start with the fact that he got engaged when he was SEVENTEEN and married when he was NINETEEN.... It's little wonder that hte marriage failed. You don't get married at that age and expect it to be successful, only in very very rare cases does it work. Plus he's 20 atm, he sort of has to enjoy his life and enjoy partying.

But other than that, while that is a sign of weakness, Pato has come back strong after injuries, he was really heavily relied-upon by Milan when he arrived (remember the comments by Berlusconi about Pato needing to score x amount of goals) and he rose up to the challenge admirably.

I think he's commanding on the pitch and mentally he has shown that he's not like Balotelli - i.e. a whining SOB.
But if you want ultimate commitment to your childhood club - and that's important, playing at home, with your club family will always help you succeed - then look no further than Bojan.

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
Both have great potential..

I do agree though that Bojan is stronger mentally.. Just imagine if Balotelli was at Barca and played as a sub all the time, like Bojan :lol:

Really, balotelli has every chance of becoming the best striker, i think his potential is little bigger than Bojans.. He has everyting, i mean, everything.. Speed, strength, technique, finishing, all... But is stupid.. I mean, mentally he is the worse player i've seen, there are arrogant players, no one like Mario, there are dirty, lazy, but no one like Mario... If he can fix his mental bearers, he will become the best, if not, Bojan will be better since he is mentally stable...

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Yup I saw that, it was more a response to this

But yeah, well ok his marriage failed due to his partying - i think we should start with the fact that he got engaged when he was SEVENTEEN and married when he was NINETEEN.... It's little wonder that hte marriage failed. You don't get married at that age and expect it to be successful, only in very very rare cases does it work. Plus he's 20 atm, he sort of has to enjoy his life and enjoy partying.

But other than that, while that is a sign of weakness, Pato has come back strong after injuries, he was really heavily relied-upon by Milan when he arrived (remember the comments by Berlusconi about Pato needing to score x amount of goals) and he rose up to the challenge admirably.

I think he's commanding on the pitch and mentally he has shown that he's not like Balotelli - i.e. a whining SOB.
But if you want ultimate commitment to your childhood club - and that's important, playing at home, with your club family will always help you succeed - then look no further than Bojan.

i think Ballotelli is a more annoying version of Cassano, the kid just infuriates me, that he can be that talented and be such an incredible Twat.

Pato on the Pitch is great, but if hes Partying with Dinho as much as rumoured, hes eventually going to fall fast, i hope not as i like him,

Moe