Pep Guardiola

Someone should sarcastically clap at Pep should Barca eliminate Bayern

Let Douglas do it. That alone should be worth the transfer fee :lol:

Kinlejus

Bayern has declined rather steeply -post Heynckes, so question has to be raised as to what is expected from him. DFB is lost, on top of that if they get humiliated in CL like last year, which I believe they will, what may else prevent Pep's waiver? Care to elaborate, if you may.

khaled_a_d

Bayern has declined rather steeply -post Heynckes, so question has to be raised as to what is expected from him. DFB is lost, on top of that if they get humiliated in CL like last year, which I believe they will, what may else prevent Pep's waiver? Care to elaborate, if you may.

Bayern reached the top in 2013 ,whoever was coming the team would have been in decline .even if Heynckes stayed .that is how things works in football unfortunately ,he still won 2 league titles,1 cup and reached SF in both his CL appearance .with a chance to win it all still there
They aren't declined steeply .people are harsh on him saying that tbh .he has done good job with the team and he is a star magnet that every player would love to play for him .that is huge for a team in Bundesliga even if its name is Bayern Munich

That said sometimes I think Pep made the wrong decision going there .he thought they are a good team that he cane can elevate them to the next level but couple of months after signings it was clear they are at the next level already .there was nothing he can do there that impress people when you are coaching a team who just won the treble

skn02

Bad choice for Pep to go to Bayern, especially after a Treble winning season.. whats more to prove on that Bayern team?? As they say it, defending a championship is SO MUCH harder than winning one. Pep should have gone to a strong/young team but failed to win titles in recent years. A team like Juventus, PSG, Man city or even manchester united will be much better for him as those teams can only improve.

anguy

Declined? :lol: WTF are you talking about, the only "bad" thing that happened to Bayern since Heynckes retired was the drubbing VS Real. Otherwise they were absolutely dominant.

Flavius

When he chose them in the winter (I guess), he couldn`t know they will win the treble, I think himself was not very happy with the treble that year, bad news that time for him.

Bad choice for Pep to go to Bayern, especially after a Treble winning season.. whats more to prove on that Bayern team?? As they say it, defending a championship is SO MUCH harder than winning one. Pep should have gone to a strong/young team but failed to win titles in recent years. A team like Juventus, PSG, Man city or even manchester united will be much better for him as those teams can only improve.

You do know that Pep was signed for Bayern a LONG time before they won the treble? Jupp already told that he was retiring, and they signed Pep in between the season.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yes, it is known that when Jupp first heard the Bayern bosses had made the decision about his retirement for him, he virtually went "Fuck it, now I'll show them all" and made Bayern into the juggernaut we all got to see during the last couple of months of his spell as Bayern manager.

nnao

That's exactly what he did. When he signed for Bayern they hadn't won any trophies in 2 seasons...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
That's exactly what he did. When he signed for Bayern they hadn't won any trophies in 2 seasons...
Really? Then, it might just be coincidental that Bayern had actually reached CL finals and lost out in shootout when Pep signed for them

Last edited:

nnao

Really? It might just be quite accidental that Bayern had actually reached CL finals and lost out in shootout when Pep signed for them

2010-11: third in the league, round of 16 in the CL, semi-finals in the DFB Pokal.
2011-12: second in the league, runners up in the CL, runners up in the DFB Pokal.

He decided to join Bayern in Dec. 2012.

Home of Barca Fans