Pep Guardiola

Richard.H

Not sure why he doesn't like challenging projects. All of his squads (except for Barca when he first started) have been excellent

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
It will be nice with all the Neymar speculations over the next couple of months. Fueled by Neymar himself saying he would like to work with Pep just a couple of days ago.

F

Flavia

Not sure why he doesn't like challenging projects. All of his squads (except for Barca when he first started) have been excellent

City never won cl. It's a challenge. I don't get why anyone still expects him to go to a smaller club. He's one of the world's best coaches, and like others don't do it, neither will him.

The answer is pretty obvious imho. His style requires top players in order to be successful.. And he knows it.

Which style doesn't? Any team need top players to be successful.

serghei

City never won cl. It's a challenge. I don't get why anyone still expects him to go to a smaller club. He's one of the world's best coaches, and like others don't do it, neither will him.

Which style doesn't? Any team need top players to be successful.

City is a lock to win the CL, with or without Pep. When you don't care if you're losing money, it's a matter of time until you build a team strong enough to win the CL. Also the case with PSG.

Some styles need better players to succeed. Pep would never win the CL with a team like Inter, or a team like Chelsea, or some other teams that base their game on a good, solid, defensive block. He wouldn't be able to be pragmatic. He would try to play his way and fail miserably most likely.

Attacking is harder than defending.

Last edited:

zanela

To name two, Klopp and Emery, unless you don't rate them amongst the world's best. :p It would have been cool to see him resurrect a historically top club like Milan.

F

Flavia

City is a lock to win the CL, with or without Pep. When you don't care if you're losing money, it's a matter of time until you build a team strong enough to win the CL.

Some styles need better players to succeed. Pep would never win the CL with a team like Inter, or a team like Chelsea, or some other teamst that base their game on a good, solid, defensive block.

Hard to say what he would or not be able to do. That's just guess work. And I doubt city would get a cl with pelegrini. Same thing as Arsenal and Wenger. Those arguments are from the same line of Messi needing to play in the epl to prove he is the best in the world. He's not going to coach a midtable team, as he is one of the best coaches around. Nobody experts this from ancelotti, or mou, just from him. I dont get it.

To name two, Klopp and Emery, unless you don't rate them amongst the world's best. :p It would have been cool to see him resurrect a historically top club like Milan.
Yes, I don't rate them among the best. It'd be cool if any manager would try to resurrect milan. But I dont think they have the money to do it right now.

serghei

Hard to say what he would or not be able to do. That's just guess work. And I doubt city would get a cl with pelegrini. Same thing as Arsenal and Wenger. Those arguments are from the same line of Messi needing to play in the epl to prove he is the best in the world. He's not going to coach a midtable team, as he is one of the best coaches around. Nobody experts this from ancelotti, or mou, just from him. I dont get it.

Guess work, but with some arguments to back it up. Pep has proved time and time again that he plays his way no matter the costs. Don't you agree with that?

Both City and PSG will win the CL sometime in the next 5 years tops. I would bet anything on it. Football right now is about money. Those two teams are not on a buget. They will never stop spending until they win the CL and it will happen soon.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I think he will leave city in 3 years. He will be fed up with English media. He has to settle at someplace to have a bigger impact on the history.

F

Flavia

Guess work, but with some arguments to back it up. Pep has proved time and time again that he plays his way no matter the costs. Don't you agree with that?

Both City and PSG will win the CL sometime in the next 5 years tops. I would bet anything on it. Football right now is about money. Those two teams are not on a buget. They will never stop spending until they win the CL and it will happen soon.

Guess work is just that, guess work. Imaginary land produces no valid arguments. If he chose to try something different, how can any of us know how he'd do? Could be a total failure or success, or something in the middle. I'm also not sure both Psg and city will each win one cl in the next 5 years. Maybe 10.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He can fail miserably together with Shitty.
He betrayed himself and everything Barca fans thought he stood for with signing for that club.

KingLeo10

that 5 year time frame best be starting from next season as this season's CL is already a lock in for us. :hooray:

Home of Barca Fans