Pep Guardiola

Yugo Count Dante

SYlls.jpg
:wave:

Clks

If he leaves i want someone that will stay true to the style this team has been playing. Can't stand anyone that will try to change us like Villa-Boas tried with Chelsea, please. But PLEASE, Pep, stay, this season was not your fault, it was a combination of bad luck and many injuries that led to tired players during the most crucial part of the season... If he leaves because of one bad season i don't know what to say :(

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
can i just ask, what do you think the split is of fans who

(a) do NOT want anyone but Pep atm - it's his team, no one else will be able to do what he did with it, etc.

or

(2) are intrigued to see what the next stage for the club is going to be, if he does leave?

i went through this kind of thing 10 years ago, when alex ferguson announced he was leaving, and i know it's around the corner somewhere in the near future as well, and tbh, i was probably 50-50 in my thinking, both back then and nowadays.

whilst you know that the framework in place is gonna be superb, the arrival of some 'outsider' can spoil these things quite easily, so there's a trepidation that goes along with the faith you have in what's gonna be left by the outgoing manager.

but a new man, with new ideas, new words to say to players and new ways to motivate them can/could be just as good if not better, but you don't know until it happens.

cleft stick innit.

the clear difference between us and you though, is the age. i suppose it'll be harder to take if Pep does go, cos all being (and remaining) well, he'd've been perfect for a long long stint there.

anyway, give me those percentages! :)
Are you a United fan or a Real fan.

DennyCrane

So the only source we have now is barcastuff twitter ?? Honestly, it's irrelevant what some braggadocios on twitter claim to know.

I say he stays, he's probably the biggest culé in the world and he won't let us, the team and the club down in a situation like this. He wants the club and the team to evolve, he wants something that spurs him, he wants a challenge ? There's a lot of work to do now here, it's right there before his very eyes!

Come on Pep, sign your contract and get going !

Yugo Count Dante

So the only source we have now is barcastuff twitter ?? Honestly, it's irrelevant what some braggadocios on twitter claim to know.

I say he stays, he's probably the biggest culé in the world and he won't let us, the team and the club down in a situation like this. He wants the club and the team to evolve, he wants something that spurs him, he wants a challenge ? There's a lot of work to do now here, it's right there before his very eyes!

x1000000000000000

He planned staying in Spain

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/notic...iola-con-recital-benefico-contra-sida-1704333

benefit concert June 8 :pep:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
can i just ask, what do you think the split is of fans who

(a) do NOT want anyone but Pep atm - it's his team, no one else will be able to do what he did with it, etc.

or

(2) are intrigued to see what the next stage for the club is going to be, if he does leave?

i went through this kind of thing 10 years ago, when alex ferguson announced he was leaving, and i know it's around the corner somewhere in the near future as well, and tbh, i was probably 50-50 in my thinking, both back then and nowadays.

whilst you know that the framework in place is gonna be superb, the arrival of some 'outsider' can spoil these things quite easily, so there's a trepidation that goes along with the faith you have in what's gonna be left by the outgoing manager.

but a new man, with new ideas, new words to say to players and new ways to motivate them can/could be just as good if not better, but you don't know until it happens.

cleft stick innit.

the clear difference between us and you though, is the age. i suppose it'll be harder to take if Pep does go, cos all being (and remaining) well, he'd've been perfect for a long long stint there.

anyway, give me those percentages! :)

a) 95%
b) 5%

something like that

utility73

Even though Guardiola was a rookie, he had the respect of the players because he's a Barca legend

I guess the key was for Guardiola to relentlessly weed out all the players whose character did not match with Peps way of coaching.
Like Eto'o had a very hard time convincing Pep he could stay. And then was gone the next season.
In my eyes this was the absolutely right approach insofar you can financially afford to replace the players with fitting ones.
Anyway I'd speculate that players who fit with Peps philosophy would also more or less fit with Bielsa's.
Also Argentina 2002 was a bunch of spoiled brats so yes Bielsa was the wrong coach for them then.

S2K1985

Chatbot

Isnt catalan media saying that he is leaving us too?

BibB

I dont think Pep is leaving because of loss of the league and champions league. Thinking like that is petty and narrowminded which isn't really Peps style. I believe its a combination of the stresses of the job and the affect it is having on his family/personal life. There were rumours of his wife having given him an ultimatum of his family or his club earlier this season or last season. Although unconfirmed I believe there may be some sort of truth in it. With Peps obsession with perfection and over analysis of video footage I can easy imagine that imposing on his family life. Pep himself has admitted that the job is demanding and stressfull with his jokes about hair loss etc. So after 3 years of complete dedication and commitment the guy deserves a break. Who knows, maybe he will come back to us a year or 2 down the line and become our Sir Alex if react to him leaving with gratitude and respect his decision completely.

Id love for him to take up the Barca B job for a year or 2 so he could have influence on the future of Barca without the pressure that comes with being 1st team coach.

Home of Barca Fans