Toni Kroos

Yannik

Failing at Madrid is far away from being average. The style just doesn't suit everyone.
Was Robben a bad player? No, he's killing it at Bayern. Is Khedira a bad player? No, he's killing it at Juventus. Is Özil a bad player? No, he's killing it at Arsenal.
Kroos is forced to play a CDM role, which he can't. He will probably move to some PL club, then wins a championsship as a protagonist.
You guys jump on that bandwagon way to fast, whenever someone is having a bad season, or isn't cutting it at a certain club, many of you suddenly think that he has never actually been a valuable player to begin with because you struggle to seperate form from quality. You need to realize that it often pays off to invest into someone's reject because he might absolutely tear the house down somewhere else. Examples are KDB, Tevez, Lukaku, Salah, Robben (quite some Chelsea here) and so on. That's why some clubs value a player like him high, because they know that he's a good player who is stuck in the wrong environment.

Last edited:

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Kroos is a word class deep lying play maker. Two footed, flawless short and long passing, tremendous reading of the game and lethal long shots as a bonus.
He needs someone besides him who is strong in defense and ideal would be someone who is more of a vertical player. Examples would be Javi Martinez, Khedira or Rakitic.

His weaknesses are his speed which is basically no issue on his position and not being the best player to start a quick counter because he tends to play the less risky pass.

But saying he is not world class is flat out wrong. He has proven that with Bayern, Real and especially the German national team. All the time we talk about how Busi is underrated as hell and Kroos is too. Too many people do not appreciate player like them because they are rarely found in the highlight reels. It is also not his fault that Real is such a mess of a team.
Remember how lost Modric looked and gave the ball away in Clasico? One of the best players in the world when it comes to keeping the ball against strong pressing. It was certainly not his fault and a nice example of how unbalanced that team is. Makes every player in there look weaker than they really are.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Kroos was the backbone of Real Madrid's pretty impressive run last season, he did very well for them. When Real Madrid has a bad season all of sudden he becomes a fraud.

I'd be very happy if we take him, but of course that is not possible.

B

beautifulgame

not entirely true. he did good work in defense under carlo. sure, carlo made him do much more there than any other coach i've seen before or after with kroos.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's World Class, but still a tad overrated IMO. Gündoğan the best German CM IMO. As good as Kroos in every aspect, but without the limitations the former Bayern man has.

The CM position the next few years will really heat up for Germany with prospects like Weigl, Kimmich, Dahoud etc. if they keep their rate of development.

gasgas

He's not a fraud. But he's not world class either. Far too many weaknesses in his game.

He's definately world class.
He has shown his quality with bayern reaching ucl finals once with them, also worldclass in their treble season before his injury, also a key player and a constant player in big games in pep's first season and a key player in german nt that won the world cup

If anything, he is a world class player, in bad form, playing for the wrong team at a wrong position.

Separate form and quality.
I for istance would takehim in a heartbeat if we needed a deeplying playmaker one who can just spray passes all around the field, he's world best at that

gasgas

He's World Class, but still a tad overrated IMO. Gündoğan the best German CM IMO. As good as Kroos in every aspect, but without the limitations the former Bayern man has.

The CM position the next few years will really heat up for Germany with prospects like Weigl, Kimmich, Dahoud etc. if they keep their rate of development.

When both players were at the peak of their powers I.e
Gundogan before his injury, kroos playing deeplying Cm for bayern.
Who was considered the better player?

gasgas

Fuck this guy, ship him out. I would pay PSG 20 Million + Kroos for Veratti.

Typical.
I wish you guys knew that most of the peoblems you have lie on the system and not the players.
Had you guys known how to use the world class players you have. Coz on paper your squad is much better and really..........
Argh why do I evn care, it's not even my team
:pep:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
You do know that Kroos didn't play for Bayern in the 12/13 season at all after the first leg of the quarterfinal vs Juve, right?

Home of Barca Fans