Christian Eriksen

Riordon

Many elite seasons in the PL and just 28 still. Not a season with under 2+ keypasses a game on average.

Juve, Bayern or Madrid will go for him.

Would be a good “stop-gap” so we can evaluate and let players like Pedri and Puiq develop without pressure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Anyone else get the feeling that this guy doesn't really know what he wants? It's as if he'd play anywhere. Like he lost the passion after that CL final.

You get that feeling watching Tottenham play in general. It's obvious he wanted to leave and someone told him Real Madrid were going to sign him, however Zidane's obsession with Pogba put a break on that move.

He's just biding his time now.

I like Eriksen. Even having him on the bench or selling him after 2-3 seasons could be worth it if the wages are reasonable.

El Gato

Villarato!
You get that feeling watching Tottenham play in general. It's obvious he wanted to leave and someone told him Real Madrid were going to sign him, however Zidane's obsession with Pogba put a break on that move.

He's just biding his time now.

I like Eriksen. Even having him on the bench or selling him after 2-3 seasons could be worth it if the wages are reasonable.

But this kind of response will never endear the teams he wants to join to move for him. They want to see the guy play like an alpha. He was by far one of the best midfield prospect to have grown in the Premier League in years, only Hazard and De Bruyne were better going forward. And now I'm getting the Kovacić vibes with him. It's like he gave up and phones it in knowing someone will move for him because he's free. That's no good.

Donatello

Would be a good “stop-gap” so we can evaluate and let players like Pedri and Puiq develop without pressure.

That's a great point. Although I'd still take Havertz if it turns out to be a now or never scenario.

Also it's still not completely clear whether Pedri could play as an AM, because he plays as a kind of LM in Las Palmas.

Riordon

That's a great point. Although I'd still take Havertz if it turns out to be a now or never scenario.

Also it's still not completely clear whether Pedri could play as an AM, because he plays as a kind of LM in Las Palmas.

Not completely sold on Havertz. Have watched him a bit and IMO looks like he is a player who needs to be compensated for. With our slow and lazy attack we don’t need another one like that but someone who can compensate for him with running, intensity and defensive duties. This is why I like Eriksen because he is basically an AM who can defend properly.

But no news of us going for him

DonAK

But this kind of response will never endear the teams he wants to join to move for him. They want to see the guy play like an alpha. He was by far one of the best midfield prospect to have grown in the Premier League in years, only Hazard and De Bruyne were better going forward. And now I'm getting the Kovacić vibes with him. It's like he gave up and phones it in knowing someone will move for him because he's free. That's no good.

I don't think it will matter to be honest. His resumé is strong enough. Pogba has been stinking for most of the past months too.

He does okay or well when he plays, but since he's not renewing his contract Poch isn't counting on him anymore.

He's still a good player and would strengthen any squad in the World even if it isn't as a starter. Not a marquee player either so won't be able to demand Pogba-esque salaries or agent fees.

I would take him over Sergi Roberto in the midfield, that's for sure. Sign a backup RB to Semedo or a RB to compete with Semedo and we have a better squad IMO.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
He's still a good player and would strengthen any squad in the World even if it isn't as a starter. Not a marquee player either so won't be able to demand Pogba-esque salaries or agent fees.

I would take him over Sergi Roberto in the midfield, that's for sure. Sign a backup RB to Semedo or a RB to compete with Semedo and we have a better squad IMO.

Well, either he's got to want to be a starter - which in Barcelona in Madrid will never happen from the get go because he's not automatically an improvement upon the likes of Arthur, Kroos or James in 4-3-3/4-2-3-1... or he's going to assume the stance of having to settle for a rotation role - which either team is going to take and doubt as lack of ambition. Because both are looking for new leader spirits independent of anybody's train of thought.

I honestly think he needs to have a great run of form, help Spurs to a minor cup or something, if he wants any of the big leagues to pull the trigger. Because options aren't exactly all that plentiful. Most teams have ample options in midfield. Other than the Spanish sides, I'd probably only see Bayern trying to get the dibs in, maybe Inter if Conte fancies his style. Juventus despite reputation has an overwhelming amount of midfielders around the same level as Eriksen.

Last edited:

DonAK

Well, either he's got to want to be a starter - which in Barcelona in Madrid will never happen from the get go because he's not automatically an improvement upon the likes of Arthur, Kroos or James in 4-3-3/4-2-3-1... or he's going to assume the stance of having to settle for a rotation role - which either team is going to take and doubt as lack of ambition. Because both are looking for new leader spirits independent of anybody's train of thought.

I honestly think he needs to have a great run of form, help Spurs to a minor cup or something, if he wants any of the big leagues to pull the trigger. Because options aren't exactly all that plentiful. Most teams have ample options in midfield. Other than the Spanish sides, I'd probably only see Bayern trying to get the dibs in. Juventus despite reputation has an overwhelming amount of midfielders around the same level as Eriksen.

Won't have a great run of form as he won't play. Pochettino is stubborn that way, which is honestly understandable. He's gone after this season so Spurs want to play and develop their other midfielders instead.

Juventus will take him anyway I think. Rabiot's had a rough start to the season and they don't have any other good midfielders apart from Pjanic or Ramsey.

Khedira and Matuidi are different type of midfielders and so is Emre Can who wasn't even included in the Champions League squad. They need another creative midfielder so if nothing else I'll bet he'll end up in Turin anyway.

El Gato

Villarato!
Won't have a great run of form as he won't play. Pochettino is stubborn that way, which is honestly understandable. He's gone after this season so Spurs want to play and develop their other midfielders instead.

It would be understandable if it didn't mean they're likely to tank the CL spots as a result. I don't think Poch is safe regardless and Levy will back him no matter what. I reckon Levy will push him to secure CL no matter the method and that forces Eriksen in the lineup, otherwise it seems to break down for them. Spurs are equally forced to look beyond Pochettino given his fondness for La Liga return and they're eyeing Ten Hag or others as much as any other team is.

Either way, I think whatever Eriksen wants to happen may actually not happen. But nobody really knows with him at this point. If he's this ambivalent and doesn't voice his intentions, then nobody on the receiving end is going to 'waste' a roster spot on a guy who isn't fussed.

Havesaks

We should be so much in for this guy. Quality/wage-price ratio is really good, down to earth personality, professional, hardworking and running, no clear weakness in play only that he can have anomous games, not ever really bad, has good endproduct (assist/goal) for a midfielder who contribute defensively as well. But most intriguing for me is I can see him fit well with Arthur and Frenkie, both in tempo, passing and him being the offensive lacking piece in a really well-rounded midfield. Man and if he ends up not being starter materiale he will at least be a high-quality sub with enough game time to be satisfied. No other top club will ensure him a starting spot anyway.

As other iser says i think he is a real nice stop gab till we find the perfect fit to Arthur and Frenkie.

But we havent been linked with him for years. So frustrsting when this a low risk, high return situation.

Riordon

We should be so much in for this guy. Quality/wage-price ratio is really good, down to earth personality, professional, hardworking and running, no clear weakness in play only that he can have anomous games, not ever really bad, has good endproduct (assist/goal) for a midfielder who contribute defensively as well. But most intriguing for me is I can see him fit well with Arthur and Frenkie, both in tempo, passing and him being the offensive lacking piece in a really well-rounded midfield. Man and if he ends up not being starter materiale he will at least be a high-quality sub with enough game time to be satisfied. No other top club will ensure him a starting spot anyway.

As other iser says i think he is a real nice stop gab till we find the perfect fit to Arthur and Frenkie.

But we havent been linked with him for years. So frustrsting when this a low risk, high return situation.

It’s really frustrating IMO. For years we have been overpaying for players and when good opportunities arise we miss out. With so many players +30 and the failure of Dembele and Coutinho we need to find some value in the market

It seems like there is a secret agreement in the world of football that only Juve and Bayern are allowed to go for these type of transfer LOL.

With this being said, I wouldn’t mind Fabian Ruiz either..

Last edited:

Havesaks

I hope the rumours about Messi vetoing an Eriksen transfer are wrong. Eriksen would have been a big improvement to our squad for cheap money.

El Gato

Villarato!
You saw him this season? He has been terrible - and he doesnt strike me as the kind of talent you gamble on.

a) He's in his last year of contract and is clearly disinterested. Does it seem to you the appropriate circumstance to judge his quality over the last 4-5 years in Tottenham?
b) What's the gamble?

Havesaks

Exactly, he has been treated pretty bad getting benched for no reason - ni club or manager does that to one of their best players even if he is on his last year, unless the replacement player is already in their fold, which isnt the case. And add to that the vermaelen rumours which may be true.

Eriksen wouldnt be a gamble at all, because he at least is hardworking, always, and doesn't demand high wages or a big transfer fee / sign on fee

Home of Barca Fans