Gerard Deulofeu

CuleLife4Life

Not really surprised to hear he played well with Spain, anyone who actually sits down and watches him play for Milan and doesn't just go "Koeman and Emery didn't like him so he's no good" could tell he's changing quite dramatically these past months.

I see no reason why we shouldn't bring him in. He'd be extremely cheap and would be a better buy than most of our signings as of late.

I'd like for us to give him another season in Milan before we decide to bring him back. Wouldn't want these few months to be a fluke, we get him and then are stuck with another Paco.

Lopetegui is a good manager. Did really well with the Spanish youth teams and is now doing good to integrate them into the senior team unlike that dinosaur Del Bosque.

Messi983

I'd like for us to give him another season in Milan before we decide to bring him back. Wouldn't want these few months to be a fluke, we get him and then are stuck with another Paco.

We can't do that. This summer is our last chance to execute buy-back clause. If we don't do that and Milan buy him and he continues to do well then we'll have to pay a lot more than 12M for him in a year or two.

jamrock

Buy him then sell him back with another buyback Clause,didn't Madrid so something similar with morata?

Do is just to ensure he have an option on him,should he develop Into what he could potentially be.

God Serena

Lopetegui is a good manager. Did really well with the Spanish youth teams and is now doing good to integrate them into the senior team unlike that dinosaur Del Bosque.

I'd rather let Deu be another Paco for 12m, than have Paco for 35.

Buy him then sell him back with another buyback Clause,didn't Madrid so something similar with morata?

Do is just to ensure he have an option on him,should he develop Into what he could potentially be.

Nah, Morata still plays for Real Madrid. How much time he's getting is questionable but he was only sold once, to Juve. And if we we were going to try and do that Deu probably would just stay with Milan.

Zincubus

Banned
Look , with Messi apparently moving back into midfield sooner rather than later it makes so much sense to by Gerard back for the right side forward position . Still leaves plenty for the midfielder / RB / CB we also need .

He's awful on the right wing
he needed to be ambidextrous

Cuadrado, 5 years younger would have been perfect

He's been progressing since the old days ..

I saw him play really well on the right for Everton and last night when he came on , played on the right , won the penalty for the first goal and scored the second goal minutes later , both times coming off the right wing ..

gasgas

No, he's good on both. It's just he plays very differently depending on the wing. As jamrock said, on the right he performs as a traditional winger who hugs the touchline and hits early crosses. On the left he constantly cuts inside and looks for an opportunity to shoot. He plays decent through balls on both wings though. In our set-up, he can be very useful as a RW, we need width on the right if Messi becomes a CAM permanently, and Dey is capable of providing that width with his pace, dribbling and exceptional crossing. He certainly suits that position more than Rafinha.

It's not our setup or whatever, he started playing well after being put on the left wing while he was otherwise mediocre.

Return him to RW and he is back to mediocrity

Messi983

Can't do that. There is a clause included in his buy-back option that we have to keep him for at least a season if we buy him.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It's not our setup or whatever, he started playing well after being put on the left wing while he was otherwise mediocre.

Return him to RW and he is back to mediocrity

He is not playing on the left exclusively. He is given license to drift inside and act as a playmaker in the middle or else he often switches positions with the right winger if that winger is Ocampos.

gasgas

He is not playing on the left exclusively. He is given license to drift inside and act as a playmaker in the middle or else he often switches positions with the right winger if that winger is Ocampos.

They are all crap when restricted to RW
And top class in LW or free role

Look at Sanchez

Barcilliant

Surely he can play all three positions upfront?

Would like to see how he does centrally. At least he can play on the wings.

12 million is nothing in today's market. We have spent alot more on lesser players.

MIXA

Bringing him back is a no brainer in my opinion, he has to come back.

Deulo is a pure winger which has become a rare commodity in this squad. The only other pure winger is Neymar. I would not classify Denis and Rafinha as wingers even though they are capable of playing in that position. I have not forgotten about Messi too but we all know that he will no longer play the game in a set role - he will spend his remaining years as a free beast roaming the footballing pitch in which ever way he sees fit.

Deulo can come back at a good price and he actually fits the profile of the type of back up attacker we need. If things don't work out, he can also go back to Milan for the same fee or even higher. I can't see how bringing him back is bad in any way - there is no negative for Barca here. It's only win win in my eyes.

gasgas

.... . . . . . . .Ter stegen
Bellerin....pique..umtiti.....Alba
............busquets..verratti.........
Deulofeu.......... Messi..............Neymar
.....................Suarez

:thinking:

Home of Barca Fans