Gerard Deulofeu

jamrock

As I keep saying don't underestimate how important the right coach and tactical setup is when it comes to developing a talented young player.

I forget the name of the Spain Coach,but he knows delou for the youth teams with Spain and know how big his upside could be if he develops probably.

That being said, he should stay at Milan, doesn't make any sense he comes back to warm the bench right now.

serghei

Since we don't have a RW I'm not so sure he would warm the bench. He would be cheap. Worst case we buy him back and sell him for profit.

F

FlaFCB

As I keep saying don't underestimate how important the right coach and tactical setup is when it comes to developing a talented young player.

I forget the name of the Spain Coach,but he knows delou for the youth teams with Spain and know how big his upside could be if he develops probably.

That being said, he should stay at Milan, doesn't make any sense he comes back to warm the bench right now.

Lopetegui. He is a very good coach.

jamrock

I was thinking about the same thing Re: right wing, but I think he plays best off the left, on the right he is much more of a conventional winger, trying to go down the byline and send in crosses.

But it could work.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's awful on the right wing
he needed to be ambidextrous

Cuadrado, 5 years younger would have been perfect

No, he's good on both. It's just he plays very differently depending on the wing. As jamrock said, on the right he performs as a traditional winger who hugs the touchline and hits early crosses. On the left he constantly cuts inside and looks for an opportunity to shoot. He plays decent through balls on both wings though. In our set-up, he can be very useful as a RW, we need width on the right if Messi becomes a CAM permanently, and Dey is capable of providing that width with his pace, dribbling and exceptional crossing. He certainly suits that position more than Rafinha.

God Serena

Not really surprised to hear he played well with Spain, anyone who actually sits down and watches him play for Milan and doesn't just go "Koeman and Emery didn't like him so he's no good" could tell he's changing quite dramatically these past months.

I see no reason why we shouldn't bring him in. He'd be extremely cheap and would be a better buy than most of our signings as of late.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Lopetegui. He is a very good coach.

Agreed, he always coached the Spanish youth teams well and the senior NT has noticeably improved since the end of the Del Bosque era. The squad is strong with the young players growing into key roles, the same players that Lopetegui handled during their youth success at the national level. Thiago/Morata/Isco/Koke were part of the team that won the U21 Euros and have all shown to be fairly impressive at the senior level in club football at one time or another. Veterans that won't predictably decline till beyond the World Cup are Pique, Ramos, Busquets, Alba, and maybe Silva/Pedro. Iniesta may bounce back and show that he can still play consistently at his top level. I think Lopetegui has proven that he's capable of being Spain's tournament coach and that they could once more be high level contenders. Better than teams like Holland/Argentina who have key coaching issues to fix before their teams can realistically put up a fight in 2018.

I still think Deulofeu should stay at Milan. Even with the good performance on the right, I strongly believe that LW is the position where he can truly find the form and momentum to realize his potential and deliver his most capable attacking threat. Neymar won't be pushed out so he's stuck on the right. Barca can probably do better in terms of fit for the pursuit of a RW (though the likes of Dembele would admittedly be several times more expensive) and Deulofeu can reach a level of play at a solid team in his best position that he likely wouldn't at Barca. A move to a big club could be in his future, a player of his innate talent can plausibly explode to an elite level under the right conditions.

Home of Barca Fans