Thiago Alcantara

Gnidrologist

Makes lots of sense. Thiago will soon be in that top category aswell and who knows how long Neymar will be able to play at that top level considering most brazilian forwards tend to turn from world class to pure shit in just 1 season. Besides he's constantly flirting with other clubs and pissing everybody off so wouldn't mind selling him away for a world record fee while its still possible.

Zincubus

Banned
This bollocks about Brazilian players peaking early or turning shit all of a sudden again...

Neymar is far better than Thiago and approaching his peak. Ridiculous shout.

You can't really compare the two to be fair .

I'd have them both in the team but Neymar maybe tempted away in the summer and Gerard would do well on the left ( or right) side .

As regards Thiago we've apparently enquires about him and been quoted £77 million. !?!

I love him but I'd prefer to have Coutino whatever the cost .

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We did.

He's had great games for Bayern, but last two seasons he's turned it up and this season he's just been so dominant and spectacular, and he's only 25 years old.....

Time for Pique and co. to tap him up during games with Spain :lol:

He's giving a big middle finger to Zubi and everyone else who doubted him. If Grimaldo manages to move on from his injury issues, he might be the second player to do the same.

La Masia is still developing players, but unfortunately for us, we're letting them go. Thiago, Grimaldo and Icardi.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He's been even more immense lately. Over 100 touches and passes against Augsburg and his assist to Lewandowski was gorgeous. Only a handful of players in the world can regularly execute these kinds of passes, a sign of a truly special player. I saw that he's practically the best midfielder in Europe statistically speaking. Kroos's assist count is higher but pretty inflated by set pieces. I'd easily rate Thiago higher in terms of attacking/chance creation in open play because of his dribbling, through balls, and ability to combine with teammates in slick passing moves. The idea of facing him and Vidal in midfield kind of scares me given that they're both very effective in their pressure/defending and can overwhelm going forward.

The 3-4-3 gave us enough superiority in midfield to dismantle PSG but Bayern is much stronger across the board. I don't even know if our midfield is capable of putting in a performance that can outdo theirs even on a very good day. I expect the Bayern-RM tie to give us a good measure of the strength of both sides. I could see it going either way but I believe Bayern's midfield is stronger and that their squad is more formidable in practically every position + maybe collectively. Ancelotti knows them very well and can prepare such things. Zidane has not shown true tactical intelligence and Ancelotti is among the best in the world for this, especially in the Champion's League. If RM win, it would likely not be a fluke as they'd have to at least match the pressure of Bayern and not get overwhelmed by them. It's not very plausible for RM to get totally outdone by Bayern and still come out with a win as they do against smaller sides because this is a totally different competition against a much more formidable opponent. The nightmare of RM actually qualifying gives us an uphill battle against them in future rounds whereas the thought of losing to Bayern doesn't fill me with as much depression. It would probably destroy me internally to see RM win a 3rd CL in 4 years and be the first to repeat in the tournament.

clemente

Every single thing just signals that Bayern should win over RM in CL, not even referees or offside goals can save them, Bayern have better players in every position, better coach, and they are the best at defending against the way RM can score (aerial).

As for Thiago I think we should forget about him and move on already, he forgot us, he prefers to be surrounded by seniors rather than legends, hope we can dismantle Bayern in CL just to show him that we can do without him.

jamrock

It's funny watching all these Thiago ney sayers, when he was leaving turning into Thiago fans.

For some if a players isn't playing week in week out, they can't see or chooses to ignore there obvious talent.

1 of the biggest mistakes we have been in transfers in our history.

jamrock

Bayern don't have better players in every position, ramos as much as I hate him, is a better player than any CA Bayern have, so his Pepe at the very least equal to them.

RM front 3 also just edges it, on talent alone, but the Bayern front 3 play better together.

JamDav1982

It's funny watching all these Thiago ney sayers, when he was leaving turning into Thiago fans.

For some if a players isn't playing week in week out, they can't see or chooses to ignore there obvious talent.

1 of the biggest mistakes we have been in transfers in our history.

Thiago was always talented and got a lot of chances at Barca without ever showing he was due a starting slot.

Many players have been in his position in leaving the club at that point or staying to fight for place. He went with Pep and looks like has turned out well for him and he has developed.

Arrogant to go on about 'neysayers' who couldnt see his talent.

jamrock

Didn't show he deserved to start? Lol

Guess we were watching different games.

Guess that's why pep,the guy that saw him in training and gave him opportunities at first team football, bought him at Bayern

As I said, some need 100 games to see the obvious, everyone and there mother knew thiago was something worth keeping, well everyone kept tito & the board

The patient midfielder lol

JamDav1982

Didn't show he deserved to start? Lol

Guess we were watching different games.

Guess that's why pep,the guy that saw him in training and gave him opportunities at first team football, bought him at Bayern

As I said, some need 100 games to see the obvious, everyone and there mother knew thiago was something worth keeping, well everyone kept tito & the board

The patient midfielder lol

Thiago didnt deserve to be a starter in terms of first choice eleven as Iniesta, Xavi and even Cesc had all been better than him that season.

He decided to leave when others have decided to stay and fight to force his way as first choice.

May well go on to be the best in world in his position and I always argued for his quality but he left and took another route. That was his choice.

F

FlaFCB

Thiago didnt deserve to be a starter in terms of first choice eleven as Iniesta, Xavi and even Cesc had all been better than him that season.

He decided to leave when others have decided to stay and fight to force his way as first choice.

May well go on to be the best in world in his position and I always argued for his quality but he left and took another route. That was his choice.

It surely was his choice. But you cannot forget to factor Tito liked cesc a lot more, though. That influenced his decision. It was a big mistake from the club and coaches back then. They didn't try to keep him either, with board members saying it was a very good deal to sell him for 25m. Cesc being a catalan, while Thiago isn't, also influenced the outcome.

Home of Barca Fans