Thiago Alcantara

George_Costanza

Guy was over rated first time round and was never off the injury table just like at Bayern now. Another bad signing about to happen again.

All about opinions..........

overrated? I guess it's a matter of opinion like you said. If you ask Lucho, he will rate Andre Gomes above Thiago, Pjanic, and Kroos. Again, all about opinions!

cro-man

Overrated and an injury prone as well. Why the hell should we sign him? There is a reason why he is on the market. Bayern never sells without a reason. With a decent price and low wages i would take him but thats not the case so we should stay away from this and go for someone else....

clemente

Overrated

Underrated.

injury prone

Yes.

Why the hell should we sign him?

Because he is literally exactly what we need.

There is a reason why he is on the market.

He wants to leave himself, its not injuries why they are selling him, Robben is always injured but played there his whole career.

Bayern never sells without a reason.

Player wants to leave, they have too many midfielders already so no point in holding someone who doesn't want to be there.

With a decent price and low wages i would take him but thats not the case so we should stay away from this and go for someone else....

Like who? Of the Thiago level? Eriksen? His wages would be the same lol

Saladin

[youtube]mjbLC6_2uGI[/youtube]

He was absolutely phenomenal in the 16/17 season (8.38 rating on whoscored.com) and one of the reasons alot of us (including the board) was so excited for bringing in Verratti is probably how similar they are on the ball; different styles, but same vision, technique and ball-control. I would love to see us bring him back, he is a La Masia product after all.

Last edited:

Devils

Seems like the Lewandowski, Alaba and Boating exit rumours have cooled down, especially Lewandowski who now seems to be happy to stay at Bayern.

There might be a strong chance that we could sign him this summer.

Calidad

Getting rid of Gomes, Turan, D Suarez, Vidal; hell even Paulinho and replacing them with Thiago would be a masterstroke.

The situation that led to Thiago leaving the club should never have been allowed to develop.

If any midfielder has ‘Barca DNA’, it’s Thiago.

My only slight reservation would be if Thiago & Coutinho could co-exist in the same midfield. But if he’s available, you simply don’t pass up an opportunity like that.

Thiago, Busquets, Rakitic, Alena, Coutinho, Roberto, Arthur would be a fantastic set of midfielders for the club to have.

Total-Football

I wouldn't take anyone in the world over him to make midfield great again (besides Veratti), but again those injuries man .. what's the use of banging the group stages and miss a crucial tie vs Man city in the Knock outs .. Actually players like that weaken you. Because you get used to them in the starting eleven and you build around them and when they get injured you are suddenly worse than before they came.

xXKonan

We don't need anymore Midfielders who are only good for physicality.

We need CMs who are good on the ball, guys who can pass,create and dictate play. That for me is so much more important than physical Midfielders right now. If you need your Physical dudes just use Rakitic and Paulinho as super subs.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Somehow after Rosell, Fartomeu, and all of those scum there's someone even worse at the club right now. Pep Segura is literally as rock bottom as it gets. Reportedly refused Thiago's transfer maintaining that 'no player who left Barca should be allowed to return'.... As if we haven't done that several times before.

El Flaco

[tw]1002806689404420096[/tw]

Says Pep Segura remains firm with the idea that those who leave Barça are not welcome back. But the club will make an exception for Thiago if he returns for free.

Home of Barca Fans