Thiago Alcantara

FC433

I do not want to be rude or anything, but I never wanted Thiago back. He left when he was only 21 when the team was going through tough times. Did not bother fighting for his spot and decided to move. Why bring him back? He is also very fragile and currently is injured.

clemente

I do not want to be rude or anything, but I never wanted Thiago back. He left when he was only 21 when the team was going through tough times. Did not bother fighting for his spot and decided to move. Why bring him back? He is also very fragile and currently is injured.

Didn't bother fighting against Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc lol, that is a fight you cannot win

springfield

Needed to compete with one of the best midfields in history. He got convinced by Guardiola. You can't blame him to join a big club like bayern and get guaranteed playing time. He became one of the best players in the bundesliga. Would be a great midfield upgrade but he ain't coming. He said he will stay and signed a new contract.

slvtn

Can we try making a bid for Thiago? I would rather spend the €100M+ money on him then on Coutinho

Isn't he injured all the time like half of Bayern's squad? I always got the impression that players like him are very good indeed, but can just play 1/4 of a league season overall. Same for Robben, Ribery and Martinez.
Stats say Thiago played just 77 matches for Bayern since the 2013/14 season. I clearly wouldn't pay 100m + for him.

Some also seem desperate for signing star players. So many names have been rumored. Plan A didn't work, plan B is doubtable so far. I see we are in need of a good midfielder and a winger, but I don't see a reason to get a plan f player in the end for way too much money. I'd rather have a season without the big titles and give our current squad a go. Let them shine and if they fail, i'd immediately load them off after the season.
The club might save the money and make another move on Coutinho next year. If Liverpool is still not willing to sell him then, the doors at Barca are closed for him forever.
The Dembele deal might work though as he tries to force his way out. We will have to be patient until last minute I guess.

Home of Barca Fans