Thiago Alcantara

Seamus

Rosell: "Selling Thiago? Every talented homegrown player who'll leave will only do that on loan or with a buy-back option."

iookram

Rosell: "Selling Thiago? Every talented homegrown player who'll leave will only do that on loan or with a buy-back option."

:thumbsup2:

I am only wary of putting him straight in and putting him under immediate pressure as being the 'answer'. Needs to be afforded time to gain experience.

Yeah he shouldn't be heaped upon with pressure.

In my opinion,

Real chance = starting games here and there against possibly in the bottom 1/3 of the league and replacing Xavi when we've closed out the match(no disrespect against the teams).

If Fabregas came, Thiago wouldn't get such a chance unless, touch wood, there's an injury in midfield.

impeh

Hi, its me..
keep thiago, forget about cesc for a year or two, buy sanchez AND rossi, and plonk him/messi in midfield now and again if needed.

Ataraxia

How much is he valued at ?

This guy is huge. Love his overconfidence too, isn't cocky, just doesn't fear experimentation. The number of passes and things he attempts to do in matches on his own will make him a big player later on.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
It's not really the confidence/cockiness/whatever that bothers me. It's more that sometimes he needs to realise he can't force the play.

Knowing when to chill and when to go for it is part of what makes Iniesta and Xavi so good.

LaPulga

Guys, just have faith. Xavi & Iniesta were also not 'stable in play' at that age, and we were wondering if they would ever make it at Barça (a much less Barça than nowadays, btw). All 3, at that age of 20, were/are 'only' promising, now 2 of them have won all there is to win. Have faith in nr 3:) I'm sure we'll nurture him into a top player.

Phatroonaldo

Not liking his vague answer. :(

The thing about Thiago is that he has all tools necessary to succeed but, he needs to learn to value possession. If he goes on loan to some other club, who won't have the same amount of possession as us, I can deffo see him correcting that habit.

Barcafan 2304

Dont think we should panic with Rosell's quote. In fact, I'm looking at the positives and he is indicating that he will make sure that no promising youth player leaves for nothing and that we protect that system. Mr. Wenger, beware

Seamus

Every time I see that clip I can't help but say holy shit!!! Thiago has such promise he could do very well here, but this is a critical time in his career, and maybe a loan would do him some good

Barcafan 2304

This bioy has everything in his arsenal to be a success. Not to sure about the loan argument, i think he could get more exposure to the first team next season

Home of Barca Fans