Thiago Alcantara

Cule4life

The Culest
To Segura:

fuck_off_ryan_stiles.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bringing in Rabiot or SMS just makes it awkward. Neither are that great to warrant the effort or money needed to sign them. Rabiot is not even a workhorse, and he has a whole lot other issues I've mentioned before.

If Thiago or heck even de Jong cannot happen now, then I'll rather wait a year and see where we stand next summer. If we still need a top class midfielder some other options like Pogba might get available.

I firmly believe we need a very good established midfielder right now too, but let's face it, the market is shitty for it this year. Pjanic don't want to leave Juve and Thiago I would not pay more than 55m or so for. I like De Jong a lot, but he need to play regularly and is yet another talent, bringing him next year would be ideal.

Last edited:

Messi983

Thank God for Segura, don't want Thiago back. He had his chance and decided to leave.

At least there is no open campaign from Barça players to bring him back like it happened with Cesc. :puke:

Hope we get Rabiot (unlikely) or SMS if we can't get FDJ this summer.

DonAK

Football is no place for pointless idealism, especially in a club that corrupted themselves the last few years in the Neymar mess.

We would have probably brought back Bellerin had not Wenger and Arsenal demanded a crazy price for him.

If Thiago, a far superior player to Rabiot, is available for under the usual market price for players of his level then why not. Bring in FDJ next summer and you have a good core of experience + talent.

Why spend a lot of money on a 23 year old with Neymar level diva and attitude issues, but not even 1% of his talent? And why would you spend 120m+ for a budget version of Pogba ability-wise that ironically will end up costing more?

For me Thiago if you can get him for under 55m would be the perfect short-term solution. Once Arthur and de Jong or Alena are good enough to all be ahead of him in the pecking order you can sell him to the EPL or an Italian club as they love their 30+ signings.

Gives us immediate quality and doesn't stand in the way for Arthur, Alena, FDJ which someone like Rabiot or SMS would do which is not worth it as the former is not that great of a talent or player and the latter would cost an enormous amount of money with some questions marks over his fit and whether he can repeat last season.

A club that brought back several former players and tried to sign one last summer should not take the high horse over this issue and neither should the fans as the club and team's responsibility is to play great football and then win major trophies, not appease some salty directors or fans.

Last edited:

FC433

I think FDJ is already locked. We are getting two if we count him. FDJ was always there with Rabiot and Pjanic's rumours. It is just a matter of when.

hulinat

Thank God for Segura, don't want Thiago back. He had his chance and decided to leave.

At least there is no open campaign from Barça players to bring him back like it happened with Cesc. :puke:

"decided to leave" lol. It was in his contract that if he didn't play X amount of minutes, the club would sell him.
Had he stayed he wouldn't have gone nowhere and ruined his career.

Messi983

"decided to leave" lol. It was in his contract that if he didn't play X amount of minutes, the club would sell him.
Had he stayed he wouldn't have gone nowhere and ruined his career.

It was still his decision to leave and join Pep. F*** him.

DonAK

Fuck Pique too, left for money at a young age.

Thank god Pep brought him back and you weren't there to overrule that decision. At least Thiago stayed, signed a professional contract and gave the club a chance to make some money off him unlike Pique and all the other kids that left for greener pastures.

Vilarrubi

There’s no midfielder in world football which would have taken the place of Xavi or Iniesta when he Thiago was here.
So it’s nothing like “he had his chance and decided to leave”

If Bayern want you and your sat on the bench because of the best midfield in history you move to Bayern.. literally 99% of players would do that.

hulinat

and hows that a bad thing lol? I could understand the bitterness ha'd he moved to club like Real Madrid but Bayern really?

He had Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta in front of him and the club was signing new midfielders aswell so it was quite obvious he wasn't valued that much by the club. Just try to look at things from his perspective ffs.

DonAK

Would not bring Thiago back for any price, but for a fair one it should be seriously considered.

No one cares if your feelings are hurt lol, like the club didn't give a shit about the fans not wanting Paulinho or a million players before that, the club is there to protect the team's best interests which is to give it a squad that can compete at all fronts(sometimes they fuck up that though) and Thiago would add quality to our midfield whether he starts or not.

Home of Barca Fans