Thiago Alcantara

Icarium

Lifestealer
If Arthur manages to outperform Gomes and Denis he will get lot of minutes even if we sign a midfielder. Both Iniesta and Paulinho left and Rakitic is little more older and coming of a 70 match season he needs more rest. If we are using 4 man midfield or putting Coutinho on wing one of Gomes Denis or Arthur has to be a starter. Are we ready for that? I would sell Gomes and sign a midfielder and rest Rakitic more and more to give Arthur minutes. It is a straight swap.

BarçaBarça

We already have Arthur who is a similar type of player. Why bring an injury prone, older player? And that too for 50-70 million.

I am not a fan of Rabiot but I'd take a reasonably priced Rabiot over Thiago.

Because Thiago is better than Arthur. Nevermind clubfootball, look where they stand with regards to their national team - simply not the same level.
A reasonably priced Rabiot who will put a huge weight on our wage-bill, but nevermind that. Why not keep Rafinha then, with that logic? He is more than reasonable priced, and remember that the possible quality-dip from Rabiot should be weighed against his much cheaper price.

Would not pay more than 35m and he should take wage reduction. He is at his best, and to be honest it is not that impressive. He would absolutely improve our squad, but I think some are actually overestimating his impact. When we needed him a while back he renewed his contract, and now when BM does not want him, he wants to come back. Why does not he go with Pep just like he did before?

As many said, add 30m more and get De Jong and De Ligt.

Coutinho Arthur
Busquets
Should be enough, I believe.

Spot on here - it is quite annoying that he extended his contract to increase wages, and now wants out. He should have thought about it before.
Btw, it is very likely Ajax will turn any offer down and keep him to prove a point - like Redbull with Keita. So De ligt/De Jong simply isn't options right now.
Next year, maybe, yes. Until then I hope I'm not going to watch Denis and Gomes play and fail in our midfield once again.

i_bleed_blaugrana

His wages aren’t the issue. Yeah, it’s annoying he renewed but that’s why his pricing is reasonable from Bayern,
though we could probably go 55ish plus variables. People complain about paying this for Thiago but we payed a 35 for Cesc back in a much tamer market. So I see a lot of utility with this signing.

If we can move Gomes, Vidal and Digne along in the next two weeks, we’d have the wage space for him. Get another RB to sub for Semedo and I’d say we are pretty much set.

George_Costanza

No, but would be enough to tell if he fits us or if he ever will. Like Mina, it's obvious.

No, not really, so many players failed to impress at the beginning. Go back to Neymar thread and read his first season evaluation here. Modric was voted the worse signing for Real and so was Eto'o who failed at Real and Espanyol etc, while vice versa, a player like Cesc who did perform well at the beginning but then failed later on, same with players like Ibra with James. There are no roles that say a player will fail after a few bad matches. Slow to adapt, lack of confidence, clueless coach, man-management, tactics, injuries etc all can contribute to a player not doing well at the beginning. That's why Pre-season and at least one full season is a minimum requirement before making such a judgment! So no it's NOT obvious!

MTL_Barca

Could see us going for him if PSG blocks Rabiot and Ajax keeps De Jong. Don't really see who else could be available so maybe the ones in the club who don't want him back have to surrender :lol:

GOAT_SUAREZ

Could see us going for him if PSG blocks Rabiot and Ajax keeps De Jong. Don't really see who else could be available so maybe the ones in the club who don't want him back have to surrender :lol:

yep it's simply a matter of running out of options. Pjanic is probably overpriced so Thiago is the only realistic option left.

Androutsos

People keep saying realistic option in regards to Thiago, time will tell but I doubt it will be as cheap and easy as some seem to think... otherwise you'd think every other CL level club would be competing in a battle royal for him right now.

Devils

[tw]1022232024566910976[/tw]

Both United and Chelsea have asked about Thiago, but Bayern's asking price is HUGE apparently.

Not a feasible operation for Barca by the looks of it.

Home of Barca Fans