Willian

JamDav1982

Look, Willian is not a goal scoring winger. Dembele, Coutinho, Denis, Rafinha is more than enough depth to do the job we want Willian do. If we are going to buy a winger, we need to be after someone who can finish. Willian's presence won't have a considerable effect on Suarez minutes. Even Coutinho is a much better option to rotate with Suarez as he is bigger goal threat.

This transfer is just dumb. The guy is not starter material and you don't pay 60 million for a rotational player, especially a 30 years old one.

None of those players bar Dembele are direct winger types.

GOAT_SUAREZ

Look, Willian is not a goal scoring winger. Dembele, Coutinho, Denis, Rafinha is more than enough depth to do the job we want Willian do. If we are going to buy a winger, we need to be after someone who can finish. Willian's presence won't have a considerable effect on Suarez minutes. Even Coutinho is a much better option to rotate with Suarez as he is bigger goal threat.

This transfer is just dumb. The guy is not starter material and you don't pay 60 million for a rotational player, especially a 30 year old one.

you rather pay 100 million for Bailey?

Raketa10

This transfer is just dumb. The guy is not starter material and you don't pay 60 million for a rotational player, especially a 30 year old one.

Denis? Rafinha? Are you serious? Are we Villareal? LOL dude for wining CL you for sure need more than that.

hamoon32

Denis? Rafinha? Are you serious? Are we Villareal? LOL dude for wining CL you for sure need more than that.

Yes, It would be good to have better options, but i mentioned them as 3rd and 4th options and they are decent enough for it. All i say is we're not that desperate in his position to pay this absurd amount of money. Dude is 30 and bang-average 80% of times lol. You can pay 10-20m more for Pjanic or Thiago and they would make us much better team comparing to Willian. We're just making ourselves laughing stock of market once again.

BADGERBHOY

Rafinha is an attacking midfielder playing on right not a winger.

Doesnt have pace, is not someone who will run at players or run in behind.

Totally different type of player and squad has plenty of them already.

Yeah and how much longer will he have his pace for?

Once that goes he wont be the same player, so lets give him a big juicy five year deal to help with his retirement.

Thats insane!

George_Costanza

Are you against signing a winger or just against Willian?

I'm not a fan of Willian for the price, but a new winger is needed. Imo.

I'm not God Serena to have anything personal against any player. Willian is an ok player in my book, obviously, don't rate him more than that and I'm not against signing him for 25-30m max. For anything above that number, it's just imprudent from the management. With 60m we could sign so many better players like Nabil Fekir who can play forward or RW or even Memphis Depay for 40m. All much younger players btw.

JamDav1982

Willians price is steep but need more pace and ability run in behind in the team.

Just go sign Wilfy Zaha and be done with it!

Givenchy

when you see Richarlison going to Everton for £50mil, the £55mil we could pay for Willian doesnt look so bad

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Willians price is steep but need more pace and ability run in behind in the team.

Just go sign Wilfy Zaha and be done with it!

We need more pace and a direct player that can run in behind, but I would prefer that player to be a goalscorer.

Besides from what I've seen of Willian he really doesn't make those runs behind a lot.

BarçaBarça

Meanwhile, Juve signed Douglas Costa (the better player) for €40m

Juve, Bayern and Real have some secret association where they trade world-class players for sane amounts of money. It has been going on for a few years now, so I'm not sure you can count in deals between those 3 clubs when assessing what is the common prices in the market.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Juve, Bayern and Real have some secret association where they trade world-class players for sane amounts of money. It has been going on for a few years now, so I'm not sure you can count in deals between those 3 clubs when assessing what is the common prices in the market.

Douglas Costa is hardly World Class. No one else were willing to pay more than Juve for him at the time. Most Bayern fans thought it was a great fee for a player that was bang average for them.

Home of Barca Fans