20 - Sergi Roberto

xXKonan

He looks more energized and confident these days, I think that PSG goal gave him a shot in the arm he needed. While it was wrong to completely use him as a RB for most of this season, I think he did improved on a number of things during his time at RB.

get a real RB and let Roberto play as a CM again.

dakt

Another great performance. Deserves his position in start 11. Can't wait to see him under the new coach.

Horatio

You're welcome
Again his growth in confidence shows. Seems he improved his dribbling and cut inside a couple of times instead of running wide and give a poor cross.

xXKonan

It's interesting going back to this video that showed some of his best highlights from 2013/14 and 14/15 season, He's come a long way since then. The chances he got early on under Lucho during the first part of the 2014/15 season, he looked timid and kept it simple. He was eventually dropped by Lucho, for awhile and didn't make the squad much other than the early Copa games as Rafinha, overtook him in the pecking order.

His lack of courage at times when he actually got to play in the first half of the 2014/15 season frustrated me and got me wondering why was he still here? But he proved me wrong big time and he's getting better and more confident.

I look back at him playing RB, and while it's true it's a waste to use him there, He did learn quite a bit from it despite the position being our biggest weakness this season.

PhilS

I'm looking forward to seeing him play more in midfield next season. He is the only non-starting midfielder on this year's squad with really good upside for the future. He never needs to get into the first 11, he can be a very valuable player backing up at multiple positions.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
My ideal scenario for him is he finds his place in Valverde's 2 man midfield with Busquets alongside him and Messi directly in front of them. He has the energy and lungs for it.

Home of Barca Fans