20 - Sergi Roberto

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And the way people try to make shit signings like this seem like no problem is also predictable.

Other teams sign younger, better players. We sign Arda and Paulinho and no fan should speak up. Everything should shut their mouth and be happy.

What is this? A Communist state?

Messi983

He will get less minutes. That's the problem.

Yes, becaue he was a starter last season at RB and now he'll play in midfield where we have more players. But that still doesn't answer why would he be concerned about Paulinho if he's such a bad player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes, becaue he was a starter last season at RB and now he'll play in midfield where we have more players. But that still doesn't answer why would he be concerned about Paulinho if he's such a bad player.

Gomes struggled to impress week in and out, yet still got the nod ahead of others and even Rakitic at times. Not on merit, but on insistence.

Do you still fail to see the problem? It all depends on EV, but if he's as stubborn as Lucho on playing guys like this, then IT IS a problem.

Messi983

And the way people try to make shit signings like this seem like no problem is also predictable.

Other teams sign younger, better players. We sign Arda and Paulinho and no fan should speak up. Everything should shut their mouth and be happy.

Everyone is allowed to express his opinion. But don't blame a few of us who are at least willing to give players a chance before writting them off.

JamDav1982

Dont think anyone is saying signing shit players is not a problem.

But it is all about Barca having no depth, shit midfield etc previously then when it looks like Roberto could go he is held up as something he never was before.

I hope Roberto gets decent chances as like his movement and energy but I think people over react both ways.

jamrock

No one is upset because they think Roberto is the next coming of zico.

They are upset that we are signing a 29 year old from China for 40m, which will cost this player who as been with us and in starting to show promise minutes on the pitch.

They are upset because it shows the clubs priorities are all messed up.

JamDav1982

No one is upset because they think Roberto is the next coming of zico.

They are upset that we are signing a 29 year old from China for 40m, which will cost this player who as been with us and in starting to show promise minutes on the pitch.

They are upset because it shows the clubs priorities are all messed up.

Promise on the pitch that gets ignored when a lot of posts are about Barca shit midfield, no depth, no future etc.

Compared to Real being seemingly set to dminate for next ten years.

tacticvarium

The midfield is already oversaturated in terms of quantity regardless of new signing so at least three players have to leave such as Arda, Gomes and probably Rafinha. It shouldn't be Roberto who is leaving since he is our best squad player however, I never understand why he is rated as a potential starter in Barça by some people. He has no such high ceiling. He may have more chances to become a starting midfielder in the clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal but in Barça, it won't happen.

Jombi

The midfield is already oversaturated in terms of quantity regardless of new signing so at least three players have to leave such as Arda, Gomes and probably Rafinha. It shouldn't be Roberto who is leaving since he is our best squad player however, I never understand why he is rated as a potential starter in Barça by some people. He has no such high ceiling. He may have more chances to become a starting midfielder in the clubs like Chelsea and Arsenal but in Barça, it won't happen.

Who is better than Roberto in our midfield in your opinion? Iniesta's legs are totally shot. Raki is a shadow of his former self for some reason and has stamina problems. Only Busi is clearly better than Roberto in my opinion. The rest are not good enough.

jamrock

Promise on the pitch that gets ignored when a lot of posts are about Barca shit midfield, no depth, no future etc.

Compared to Real being seemingly set to dminate for next ten years.

Yh because that is true, who do we have in our midfield that is in the prime if their careers and playing at the highest level?

Busquets,that's it.maybe rakitic

Roberto is a solid player nothing more but he is a say better investment than another solid player for 40m euros.

Who else do we have
Iniesta is god when on it, but he is getting old
Gomes? HA!
Adra?
Denis?
Rafinha?

Let's compare than Madrid
Modric
Kroos
Kovasic
Isco
Casemiro
I'm pretty sure I'm forget 1/2 as well

JamDav1982

Yh because that is true, who do we have in our midfield that is in the prime if their careers and playing at the highest level?

Roberto is a solid player nothing more but he is a say better investment than another solid player for 40m euros.

Who else do we have
Gomes? HA!
Adra?
Denis?
Rafinha?

Modric
Kroos
Kovasic
Isco
Casemiro

Well if it is true that Barca have 'no depth. no future' then it includes Roberto.

I know Real have a better midfield and that is irrelevant to what is being said.

Jombi

Who else do we have
Gomes? HA!
Adra?
Denis?
Rafinha?

Modric
Kroos
Kovasic
Isco
Casemiro

Give Roberto a good run of games in midfield, and I think he would be a great midfielder for us. He's a quality player with a fantastic engine and he's really intelligent as well.

tacticvarium

Who is better than Roberto in our midfield in your opinion? Iniesta's legs are totally shot. Raki is a shadow of his former self for some reason and has stamina problems. Only Busi is clearly better than Roberto in my opinion. The rest are not good enough.

I think Denis deserves a chance to prove himself as a midfielder this season but I understand that Roberto seems more safe option for now. But I was speaking generally about his talent regardless of our current midfield situation. If he is the only solution for our current midfield, let him be a starter but that doesn't mean he deserves it. It will be just an indication that Barça has fallen into a serious crisis.

Home of Barca Fans