20 - Sergi Roberto

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The funny thing is that he's exactly what we need in midfield right now, a jack of all trades than can work his ass off from box to box, but noooo, Gomes it is!

xXKonan

Lucho's rotational policy sucks plain and simple that's why. He rarely rests the front three, but goes all in rotating in with the two CM spots and the back line. he thinks just having MSN on the field we will win despite how under performing our CM options have been this season.

Roberto pretty much got shoved into the RB spot for most of the season while his "Replacements" in the Midfield did fuck all so far this season. Roberto is pretty much the third best CM and Back up DM we have, but yet he was stuck playing as a RB for most of the season.

Devils

Lucho's rotational policy sucks plain and simple that's why. He rarely rests the front three, but goes all in rotating in with the two CM spots and the back line. he thinks just having MSN on the field we will win despite how under performing our CM options have been this season.

Roberto pretty much got shoved into the RB spot for most of the season while his "Replacements" in the Midfield did fuck all so far this season. Roberto is pretty much the third best CM and Back up DM we have, but yet he was stuck playing as a RB for most of the season.

This is what bothers me about this season. Roberto has made MASSIVE strides in the past two years and yet we are playing him as a RB. If Robert (sporting director) wasn't such a twat and had signed a RB, Roberto could ave gained a full season worth of experience in the midfield this year. Wouldn't have surprised me at all if Roberto made strides and become our best if not second best CM this season if we had given him the chance to.

We would have done so much better in midfield this year if our main midfielders consisted of Busi/Raki/Iniesta/Roberto and we had Rafinha/Denis/Alena as rotational players.

The fact that we sacrificed Roberto's midfield contribution because we neglected to have a single RB on the team and signed a 40m Portuguese lamppost is indication that we have people in our sporting department that clearly need to be handed termination papers.

El Flaco

m5g2xyjgrzqy.png

Windhook

Best player on the pitch along with Umtiti for Barcelona last night. Playing him RB all season was a mistake, given Aleix's terrible form in 2016. Sergi is versatile player, but midfield is his natural position and I really really hope the next manager acknowledges his talent.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Roberto is easily better than all of Arda, Denis, Gomes and Rafinha as a midfielder and heck even as a winger.

Smarter, quicker, a better dribbler in space and better on the ball in general.

He's better than all those you mentioned, by miles! Tbh he should be the only one that I think should stay - the rest are not even good enough to warm our bench and we could still maybe get some cash for them. But I wouldn't get our hopes up that we could get some ok money for any of them - because the only thing worse than the players we keep buying is how we sell players lol. We've been a joke on the transfer market and ANYBODY who has the smallest clue of football and with even the slightest rational thinking going on could see this unfolding since like 3 seasons ago.

JamDav1982

Roberto has to go back to being a midfield option. He at least has the ability to cover ground quickly that none of the rest do.

The midfield needs overhauled. Alena has to be promoted, Roberto back to a midfielder and at least a couple brought in.

behindbrowneyes

I wonder if Roberto would be good enough to be a starter in midfield next year. He hasn't played in midfield often enough to say he could make it there, but from what I've seen of him this season I would say he is better than Rakitic.

JamDav1982

I wonder if Roberto would be good enough to be a starter in midfield next year. He hasn't played in midfield often enough to say he could make it there, but from what I've seen of him this season I would say he is better than Rakitic.

Too big a risk to bank on him being a starter in my opinion but allow him to fight for it and dont think he is any worse than what is there just now but brings a lot more pace an energy.

Devils

Maybe he could have established himself as a starter this season if he played the position because he was doing very well in midfield last year.

If he keeps improving the way he has in the last 2 years then no doubt he will be a starter in the near future.

Home of Barca Fans