Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

Evil

Shabazz
KlaasJanHuntelaar_621928.jpg

Date of birth August 12, 1983 (1983-08-12)
Place of birth Voor-Drempt, Netherlands
Height 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position Striker

Real Madrid have officially announced the signing of Ajax and Dutch Striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar:

"Huntelaar is the new Real Madrid player. Real Madrid and Ajax Amsterdam have reached an agreement for the forward.

"As usual, the deal is dependent on the player passing a medical and the signing of his contract with Real Madrid.

"Klaas Jan Huntelaar will be tied to Real Madrid until June 30, 2013."

According to reports, the transfer fee is €20 million up front, with the total fee potentially rising to €27m with additional clauses based on appearances and his levels of success with Los Blancos included in the deal.

Guys, I know most of you are'nt worried, but if you look at this player's stats it's really something to be concerned about.
75 goals in 90 league games and a total of 100 strikes in 120 appearances in all competitions for Ajax.
He netted 34 league goals in 46 matches for Heerenveen.
10 goals for the national team out of 18 appearances.

He seems like one of the most consistent strikers out there. :(

B

Bardh

His picture just reminded me of someone who hated him so much, calling him rabbit and shit. It was hilarious, the guy had pictures of his entire family looking like rabbits.

Evil

Shabazz
:lol: Ya he does look like a rabbit, but if there was a rabbit contest Saviola would win hands down.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Mitobitch signed a great player, but why are ALL OF THEM dutch?
they trying to copy what we did when we won the double?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think he`s a good striker. But then again, remember Kezman? Guy owned the Dutch league, but once in Premiership he was soon ruined.

J

JefeDbarca

I don't know, the EPL didn't seem to do anything to Ruud, he was just as good then as he is now. Too bad he couldn't stay healthy for ManU. Real took advantage.

I think Hunt' will adapt rather quickly though. He's pretty young so he doesn't come with any bad habits as his stats speak for themselves. I really wish Saviola did get more minutes, what a waste of talent to just sitting on the bench.

barSELOna

Bojan said:
I think he`s a good striker. But then again, remember Kezman? Guy owned the Dutch league, but once in Premiership he was soon ruined.

Kezman was terrible in Turkey

Evil

Shabazz
JefeDbarca said:
I really wish Saviola did get more minutes, what a waste of talent to just sitting on the bench.

When he was younger, people we´re calling him the new Maradona. He was one the most talented young players and really had potential. I´m sure if he went to Mid-class club where he got more minutes he would have been one of the best in the world by now.
He's a traitor, but I still feel sorry for him. He spent most of his career and Barça´s and Madrid´s benches.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
With everything going wrong for Magath's Schalke this season, Huntelaar remains a rare bright spot.
One of the best buys this summer although 14 million was a bit steep.

M

messi87

Huntelaar is a great striker, only thing he needs is confidence of the trainer and play a lot, he always scores. At the moment he had a great start at schalke, he would be great for a team like arsenal who gives their strikers a lot of chances.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It just shows you how stats can be deceiving. He has nothing on Van Basten. It wouldn't surprise me that few decades from now people will look at numbers and think he was the greatest striker Holland had.
Well done on his goals though. With 8 goals he is top goalscorer of Euro 2010 qualifications.

Home of Barca Fans