Nou Camp projects: Foster vs Vidal

Which project do you think is better

• Total voters

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I need to ask if you've ever been to the Camp Nou, the stadium in recent years has been modernised a great deal to allow for corporate clients, add better seating and make the installations first class. There's a club megastore within the complex, lots of parking, access is good with two metro lines serving the stadium and a third to open within the next couple of years. So it doesn't have a restaurant? Big deal. We have the most visited museum in the whole of Catalunya, more than the Picasso museum, the Gaudi museum or any art gallery so we don't exactly want for day to day income.

TheMessiShow

I agree with most of you.
The Vidal concept is certainly breathtaking. Not many clubs could afford to have an ocean palace as a stadium.
The Vidal concept would also require to use the most modern technologies available. I don't think safety would be much of an issue since people have been looking at building floating airports and runways already; although, who knows what would happen if Barca were to pull off another amazing El Classico.
If the project were to actually happen, Barcelona would not only be one of the leading football clubs in terms of history, success, charity, development and everything else, we would also take a huge success in technology and architecture.

But in all honesty, I like the Foster project very much as well, although I think there needs to be something more to separate our stadium from the Allianz arena other than just the shape. I put my vote for the Foster project because its economically more realistic.
I think there needs to be a stepping stone to the Vidal project

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
The Foster design is vastly different from the Allianz Arena with the proposed covering consisting of overlapping "scales" rather than a complete covering as is seen at Bayern's ground.

Design-Report-3.jpg

nebeer

Love is All
Wow, it's a wonderful thread. The Vidal's project looks very adventurous to me. It would feel like an island of football. A very ambitious project, though I would want to think a bit more before I cast my vote.

Home of Barca Fans