Quique Setien

KingLeo10

Don't know how good he actually is, but he's already manifold better than EV in terms of inspiring press conferences.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
[tw]1217073954529202188[/tw]

So the guy is a farmer, he would do well in France then:thinking:

Just kidding, I think he'll do well here. We saw what he is capable of with far less talented team, here he'll have world class players, plus money to buy them. And hopefully, it'll be the end of Rakitic and Roberto as a starters.

Last edited:

jamrock

He will need to tighten up his defense & with our low CB pairing that will be difficult but I look forward to actually watching my team play decent football

Devils

[tw]1217081436244598784[/tw]

The humility though. FFS.

will be a legendary quote once Quique GOATient leads us to glory.

#SetienSquad

Pepsbarca

Can't even put into words how excited I am that Setien is the new manager. It's been a long time since Barcelona has played entertaining attacking football.

BBZ8800

Just make sure to religiously defend the coach for at least 2,5 years.

EV has earned something in his early days: results.

His first La Liga matches in his first season:
Betis 2:0
Alaves 2:0
Espanyol 5:0
Getafe 2:1
Eibar 6:1
Girona 3:0
Las Palmas 3:0
Atletico 1:1**
Malaga 2:0
Bilbao 2:0
Sevilla 2:1
Leganes 3:0

Juve 3:0
Sporting 1:0
Olympiacos 3:1
Olympiacos 0:0**

In his first 16 official matches AFTER Spanish Supercup, EV had 14 wins and 2 draws (Atletico 1:1 and Olympiacos 0:0).
Goal difference: 40:5
Clean sheets: 11 times in 16 matches.

Ev took a team which lost 0:4 to Psg and 0:3 to Juve in a previous season, and who lost La Liga to RM.
Also, we lost Neymar and started a season weakened.
So, a coach has actually IMPROVED our team from a previous era (the last 18 Months under Lucho when we were declining).

So, EV didn't earn credits out of nowhere.
EV had a run of 40 matches in a row in La liga and a CL in 2017/18 without defeats.
Then he lost to Roma 3:0 and Levante 5:4.

If Setien will be able to produce anything similar, I will defend him all the way.

But I already see excuses: this season is lost. Nobody is expecting any trophies, all we want is a nice-eye-pleasing play, lol.

EV came in a similar situation: a team who lost La Liga, a laughing stock in a CL, and we lost Neymar.
EV had a streak of 40 unbeaten matches, won 2 La Ligas and is still labelled as the biggest cancer and the worst coach in our history.
Yet, I can already see: Setien will lose La Liga, he will have 5-6 wins in 10 matches, but if he'll play Riki Puig, he will get a pass, lol.

Double standards?

mc_lovin

My expectations (or hopes) for him:
1) Build a functioning midfield, not the shit Valverde served with his overuse of fullbacks. The quality is there to have an exciting midfield (in contrast to our average defense).
2) Find a good setup in attack. Hopefully with Messi in the center and Griezmann on the right. Will be pretty rough without a true 9, but hopefully doable.
3) Make the squad players feel important. Malcom for example was still a 40ME rated player when he left us, you cant tell me freezing him out like Valverde did was fair game. Same for Alena, Junior etc pp, even if not worldclass.

CatalinR10

Ev took a team which lost 0:4 to Psg and 0:3 to Juve in a previous season, and who lost La Liga to RM.

We also won 6-1 the returning game vs PSG.

Also , for someone who has around 1000 posts complaining about Neymar and how he was NOT good for us , especially the season before he left us , why do you say now that we were weakened by his departure to fit your argument ?

KingLeo10

EV has earned something in his early days: results.

His first La Liga matches in his first season:
Betis 2:0
Alaves 2:0
Espanyol 5:0
Getafe 2:1
Eibar 6:1
Girona 3:0
Las Palmas 3:0
Atletico 1:1**
Malaga 2:0
Bilbao 2:0
Sevilla 2:1
Leganes 3:0

Juve 3:0
Sporting 1:0
Olympiacos 3:1
Olympiacos 0:0**

In his first 16 official matches AFTER Spanish Supercup, EV had 14 wins and 2 draws (Atletico 1:1 and Olympiacos 0:0).
Goal difference: 40:5
Clean sheets: 11 times in 16 matches.

So, a coach has actually IMPROVED our team from a previous era (the last 18 Months under Lucho when we were declining).

So, EV didn't earn credits out of nowhere.
EV had a run of 40 matches in a row in La liga and a CL in 2017/18 without defeats.
Then he lost to Roma 3:0 and Levante 5:4.

If Setien will be able to produce anything similar, I will defend him all the way.

But I already see excuses: this season is lost. Nobody is expecting any trophies, all we want is a nice-eye-pleasing play, lol.

EV came in a similar situation: a team who lost La Liga, a laughing stock in a CL, and we lost Neymar.
EV had a streak of 40 unbeaten matches, won 2 La Ligas and is still labelled as the biggest cancer and the worst coach in our history.
Yet, I can already see: Setien will lose La Liga, he will have 5-6 wins in 10 matches, but if he'll play Riki Puig, he will get a pass, lol.

Double standards?

Lol, now the CL group stages matter to you. When YOU'VE been the one to say we are champions of group stages and KOs are what matter. What a farce.

So, let's play it your way.

I'll ask you to stop posting here if Setien beats a serious team (Juve, Bayern, RM, Pool, QSG, City) in the CL this season. EV only managed to beat Europa level Chelsea, Lyon, and Ole's United. Humiliated by Roma and Pool.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

We also won 6-1 the returning game vs PSG.

Also , for someone who has around 1000 posts complaining about Neymar and how he was NOT good for us , especially the season before he left us , why do you say now that we were weakened by his departure to fit your argument ?

He's a con artist. I remember when he was actively rooting against Ney (who is a snake, yes) in 14/15 and probably was legitimately sad Ney shined in our treble.

LMAO.

BBZ8800

Lol, now the CL group stages matter to you. When YOU'VE been the one to say we are champions of group stages and KOs are what matter. What a farce.

So, let's play it your way.

I'll ask you to stop posting here if Setien beats a serious team (Juve, Bayern, RM, Pool, QSG, City) in the CL this season. EV only managed to beat Europa level Chelsea, Lyon, and Ole's United. Humiliated by Roma and Pool.

It works both way:
WHOM did Pep beat in his 4 years here out of big guns, without a help from refs in KO matches?

KingLeo10

It works both way:
WHOM did Pep beat in his 4 years here out of big guns, without a help from refs in KO matches?

Bayern 2009.
United 2009.
RM 2011.
United 2011.
Milan 2012.

United 2009 and RM 2011 are stronger than any team right now except maybe Pool, who's only level with them at best.

Go support Juve and AM and start enjoying your finals Ls. You're clearly a masochist.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans