Quique Setien

serghei

Lol, we played Levante, Betis, teams who beat Madrid. Played Valencia, Bilbao, Sociedad. Getafe, who are among the best teams in the league this year.

Messigician

❗ News from the Barça camp, per SER Catalunya's @SiqueRodriguez last night: Éric Abidal no longer feels protected and is burned out from the constant pressure and being in the spotlight. As for Setién, him staying with Barça will depend on the results, reports SER.

MTL_Barca

❗ News from the Barça camp, per SER Catalunya's @SiqueRodriguez last night: Éric Abidal no longer feels protected and is burned out from the constant pressure and being in the spotlight. As for Setién, him staying with Barça will depend on the results, reports SER.

Barto sacrificing them all just to stay a little longer :bartomeu:

MTL_Barca

If we compete with teams like Getafe, Bilbao, Valencia the we all know the end is near.
These teams would be canon fodder for teams like city or Bayern Munich

They are still among the better teams of the league, so if there is a statistical improvement compared to Valverde then it shouldn't be down to just the opponents. That's all.

In general these stats show what many people here are writing anyway: Yes there are some improvements to the team, but overall (= in comparison to the best clubs in Europe) it's still not great.

But expecting a huge jump wasn't realistic anyway so if it's a small improvement it's still better than nothing. Just pray to suck a bit less than Real and then hopefully react accordingly during the summer.

Vilarrubi

If we compete with teams like Getafe, Bilbao, Valencia the we all know the end is near.
These teams would be canon fodder for teams like city or Bayern Munich

Last time I checked Valverde was managing us in La Liga too. Stats are over all competitions. I also don't believe we're playing well, despite posting those stats. We're pretty tragic, just like under Valverde.

bismp

Valverde apologists praising their master despite being the architect of the 2 worst choke-jobs in the club's history is P R I C E L E S S

Tackle

Valverde apologists praising their master despite being the architect of the 2 worst choke-jobs in the club's history is P R I C E L E S S

:lol:

Setien is still a mediocre coach that has no business coaching this club. You lot backed yourself into the untenable position that EV was the biggest anchor holding this team back and a possession based coach that says all the right things like Setien could surely not do any worse of a job. In reality nothing suggested that Setien would be a solid manager before he was brought on and he has only gone on to prove as much.

The cognitive dissonance in this thread is out of control. Cherry-picked stats and excuses galore bandied about in a desperate attempt to hide the stench of the soulless, clueless drab being put out on display week in, week out.

Also, I couldn't be arsed about EV anymore, so please don't bother any longer with the misconstrued juxtapositions.

-EV was average at best
-Setien is likely worse

End of.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Shitverde was a bum. Simeone just showed how a team with much less offensive fire power can go to Anfield and score three.

Fuck Valverde.

Gaudi

Let's be fair here, L'pool totally outplayed AM, only luck saved AM here, not some brilliant Cholo's tactic.

Home of Barca Fans