Lliga | Round 2: FC Barcelona - Real Betis 5-2

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What I fear is Valverde getting sacked, Eusebio taking over on short-notice with Messi bailing him out and winning the league, and him getting the permanent job.

What a fucking evil circle that would be.

EdmondDantes

There's a rumour that Rafinha is suffering from gastrointestinal issues now

Jesus. He's already missed training this week because of that.

He's our most inform player as well. We need him for that front 3 whilst everyone else is basically injured.

Neeraj

Celta - Valencia..what a cracking game; amazing skills and end to end.

Just a pity there's so many empty seats. Why Celta fans...why? Big game against Valencia :\

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
The lack of pace and finishing tomorrow will hurt us a lot. Not a gambler, but I might have to bet some money on Betis here because I find it really hard to see how we will win.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I think most of us would take 3 (I'd take even more, whatever it takes) to get this vermin out of the club. Sure that could mean the title is lost, but really, who cares if we win La Liga if we continue playing like this, and Messi just keeps bailing us out? I'd much rather see more exciting games and some common sense line-up selections.

In an ideal world, we could use this season as a freebie for the new manager to find his feet and go all out next season. But that's never going to happen as even if this board fires Valverde (almost never happening) they'd find some other scrub or have some assistant coach with no long term vision. But hey, at least it won't be AS boring.

I'd even take 2 trophyless seasons to get that weasel , most of the senior players and the board out of the club.

Barcilliant

I'd even take 2 trophyless seasons to get that weasel , most of the senior players and the board out of the club.

Ditto. I mean we've won two Ligas in the last two seasons but they seem meaningless, hollow almost. Those cl losses and the shit, inept football have defined this managers tenure.

mc_lovin

Ditto. I mean we've won two Ligas in the last two seasons but they seem meaningless, hollow almost. Those cl losses and the shit, inept football have defined this managers tenure.

I hate Valvede with a passion, but those league titles are not meaningless. And no idea how anyone can hope for 2 trophyless seasons. Valverde will be gone 2021 at the latest anyway.

When I watched the Copa del Rey final last season I had the same cynical view before the game, but the loss still hurt a lot.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I hate Valvede with a passion, but those league titles are not meaningless. And no idea how anyone can hope for 2 trophyless seasons. Valverde will be gone 2021 at the latest anyway.

When I watched the Copa del Rey final last season I had the same cynical view before the game, but the loss still hurt a lot.

Valverde might be gone (who knows with Barto at this point) , but who is going to replace him , seeing as Bartomeu's track record is trash in that aspect. So , yes Id rather go 2 trophyless seasons so the club gets cleaned from top to bottom , something that should have happened 2 years ago.

I mean there is a good chance that if Barto's last year goes well that whatever puppet will run for him in the election gets to win.

BBZ8800

Iirc, we didn't score a single goal yet when Griezz was a No9.

I would personally make a wild risk and play a kid Ansu.

Rafinha is meh and other attacking options are horrible.

Let's hope that Ivan Lampard Rakitic will pull some longshot magic.

With Griezz as a no9, this will be bad.
Even with Messi next to Griezz as a No9, it will be bad.
Especially this way.

EV will today need midfielders who will also try shots.
Probably Rafinha, Raki, Vidal, Roberto (along with fixed Busi and Frenkie).

JohnN

[tw]1165549767763668992[/tw]
Expected Lineup:

-------------------Mats-------------------
-------------------------------------------
Semedo----Piqué-----Lenglet------Alba
----------------Busquets-----------------
--------Rakitic------------FDJ------------
---Rafinha-----------------------Perez---
-----------------Griezmann--------------[tw][/tw]

Edit: They show Rakitic playing on the left and FDJ on the right, but that be a mistake.

Last edited:

JohnN

Iirc, we didn't score a single goal yet when Griezz was a No9.

I would personally make a wild risk and play a kid Ansu.

Rafinha is meh and other attacking options are horrible.

Let's hope that Ivan Lampard Rakitic will pull some longshot magic.

With Griezz as a no9, this will be bad.
Even with Messi next to Griezz as a No9, it will be bad.
Especially this way.

EV will today need midfielders who will also try shots.
Probably Rafinha, Raki, Vidal, Roberto (along with fixed Busi and Frenkie).

But Rafinha was our only attacking threat and only organizer against Bilbao.
Perhaps this would be a time to change the formation to 4-4-2 (diamond), since Perez doesn't seem to be able to offer much on the wings.
Can he play as a striker with Griez behind him (in his natural habitat)?

Home of Barca Fans